CHAPTER ELEVEN

* Alyssa POV *

* Alyssa POV *

Today was the First Task. Alyssa was pacing back and forth in the champion's tent, nervous for what was up ahead.

" Gather round, kids," said Barty Crouch.

Alyssa walked into the circle of champions.

" What are you doing here, Miss Granger?" Dumbledore inquired, curiosity twinkling in his eyes.

" Oh um.. Sorry I'll just go," Hermione said, clearly embarrassed.

" Barty, the bag," Dumbledore gestured.

Barty Crouch pulled out a black bag.

" Champions, in a circle around me. Miss Delacour over here, Mr Krum, and Potter over here. Right. Miss Delacour, if you will..."

Fleur reached into the bag and pulled out a small, green dragon.

" The welsh green. Mr Krum..."

Viktor takes another dragon out.

" The chinese fireball. Oooooh."

Cedric pulls out yet another dragon.

" The swedish short-snout."

Then, Harry reached into it.

" The hungarian horntail."

Finally it was Alyssa's turn. However, when she reached in, she felt a few tiny dragons grip onto her hand.

She pulled it out.

" My,my Miss Dumbledore, it seems you have quite a challenge today. Not only will you be battling one dragon, you will be battling four."

Alyssa's breath hitched in her throat.

" This one is a Hebridean Black, that one is an Ukrainian Ironbelly, that one is a Peruvian Vipertooth and this one is a Titan Deathgripper. Oh boy, I'm wishing you some luck girl, those are some of the most deadly dragons of all time," Barty explained.

Alyssa was shaking uncontrollably, but nodded nevertheless.

" Anyway, These represent very real dragons, each of which has been given a golden egg to protect.
Your objective is simple, collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?" Barty explained.

" Very well. Good luck champions. Mr Diggory
the sound of the cannon..."

The cannon fires immediately...

Alyssa was sat alone, anticipating what would happen

At last, she heard her uncle's voice boom over the loudspeaker.

" Now that four of our champions had succeeded in the task, it is time for our fifth and final contestant."

As Alyssa heard the cannon fire, she ran out of the tent.

There she stood, in front of four monstrous dragons.

Wracking her brain for any memory of something that could help her, she remembered that as a child at Camp Half-Blood, Aphrodite came to visit. On that day, she had blessed Alyssa with many things, including charmspeak.

So, Alyssa tried to enchant the dragons, making them fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Then, with no caution, she walked over to the golden egg.

Just as she was going to grab it, the closest and deadly dragon woke up.

Alyssa was panicking. But then, she remembered that for her fourteenth birthday, the gods had given her a present, a whistle.

Most would think, what is so special about a whistle, but this one had the ability to tame any animal in front of her.

The only problem was, the whistle was in her dorm.

Alyssa backed away slowly, until the dragon hurtled a fireball in her direction, then she full on sprinted.

All of a sudden, something hard flew at her head. She felt hot, red liquid fall down her face. As she looked around to see what had hit her, she noticed a small, silver whistle on the ground.

" Thank the Gods," she muttered under her breath.

She picked up the whistle and blew on it.

The whistle turned gold, and so did the atmosphere.

There was a gold dome around the arena.

Then, the Titan Deathgripper jumped on her and started licking her face like a dog.

At first she was confused, but then she laughed.

But, the others in the stands thought the dragon was attacking her, so they erupted into hysterical chatter, some of it hoping she was okay.

But then, Alyssa got up and walked over to the egg with no problems.

Then she picked it up, told the dragon to sit and summoned a big fish for it to eat , then walked into the champion tent.

Everyone gasped, especially Harry and Madam Pomfrey.

And then everything turned black...