CHAPTER FOURTEEN

A/N:

Acid is my friends character, AcidTail
Also, thank you sooooooooo much for 6K reads. Also, I am soooooooo sorry for not posting for ages. Please go check out AcidTail page and books.

* Alyssa POV *

Drowsy and sleepy, Alyssa sat in the library, desperately trying to complete her homework.

With her ADHD and Dyslexia, she found it very hard to SIT STILL and READ.

Just as she was about to give up, she saw a bushy head run into the library.

She recognised it as Hermione Granger, one of Harry's best friends.

Alyssa also knew that Hermione was very intelligent, so she possibly could help her with her homework.

Just as she was about to stand, she saw Hermione Granger making her way over.

She sat down at Alyssa's table and stuck her hand out.

"Hi, I'm Hermione Granger and you're Alyssa Dumbledore, Harry's told me all about you!"

Alyssa shook her hand and said,

"Hi Hermione."

Alyssa was contemplating whether or not to ask Hermione about her homework.

In the end, she decided to ask her.

"Um, Hermione," Alyssa started, "I was wondering if you could help me with my homework?"

"Ok, sure, what are you stuck on?"

"Oh, uhhh....everything," Alyssa said in a small voice.

"Oh....ok then, let's start on Transfiguration," Hermione replied.

"Thank you," Alyssa smiled.

"Your welcome."

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall
for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost...a dance."

Her uncle insisted that Alyssa joined the Gryffindors for 'A Special Gathering.'

She sat on the side, listening to every word McGonagall spoke.

Alyssa noticed that a few groans emerged from a few of the boys.

"Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

Fred Weasley whispered to George, " Try saying that 5 times fast. "

He accepted the challenge.

They were both mumbling gobbledegook and chuckling together quite loudly.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight." McGonagall continued.

"Something's about to burst out of Hilary but I don't think it's a swan." muttered Ron Weasley to Seamus Finnigan.

"Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley, will you join me." McGonagall said.

Ron Weasley's face went as bright as his hair. Reluctantly, he stumbled up to McGonagall.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist."

Ron looked very surprised and embarrassed.

"Where?" He spluttered.

"On my waist."

Ron grudgingly put his hand on her waist.

A wolf-whistle emerges from the crowd.

"Now bend your arm. Mr Filch..."

The music begins.