JEALOUS | 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕘𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟

warning: n o n e

You were outside the iHeart Radio Music Awards, your boyfriend, Grant, at your right. "You know, I've never been to the iHeart awards before," he told you as you posed on the red carpet, "I guess having a singer as a (girlfriend/boyfriend) has its perks."

You rolled your eyes with a smile at him. The two of you made funny poses and faces at the paparazzi who were shouting and rapidly snapping pictures.

Suddenly, Grant swooped you up into his arms, making you shriek and cling onto him. He ran off towards the entrance of the building with you holding onto him, both of you laughing along with the paparazzi.

You took your seats at a circular table after reuniting with some other singer friends of yours. You had been nominated for Favorite (Female/Male) Singer. Grant was very excited to accompany you to the awards show. It was, after all, his first time at the iHeart Radio awards.

The host, Zac Efron, was announcing the winner of Favorite Music Video. Macklemore took home the Grammy for that category, which didn't surprise you at all. You cheered and applauded as she did her quick speech.

And then came the announcement for Favorite (Female/Male) Singer, which was the category you were in the running for. Zac announced the nominees, and Grant squeezed your knee when he said your name. "And the winner is..." Zac spoke into the microphone, and the audience held their breath as Zac opened the envelope and showed it to the crowd, "Y/N L/N!"

Grant was out of his seat in an instant, pulling you with him. You laughed and hugged him back, before making your way up the stairs. Zac's hand reached down to help you up, which you accepted gratefully. He handed you your award and leaned over to the mic, "Doesn't [she/he] look beautiful, everyone?"

The crowd erupted into cheers and wolf whistles, making you blush. "Thank you, Zac," you smiled, "You look amazing, as well." Zack beamed at the compliment as you began your speech.

From the crowd, Grant watched with narrowed eyes as Zac, quite obviously, trailed his eyes up and down your body. Grant felt his fists clench around his glass of water. It was obvious you had no idea Zac was flirting with you, but Grant knew, because he knew how men got girls. Heck, he did the exact same thing with you, complimenting you every chance he got.

When you finished your speech, you thanked Zac, and let him hug you. It came quiet suddenly, but you could enjoyed hugs today. You pulled back and flashed him a smile, which he eagerly returned. You walked back down the stairs as Zac, reluctantly, went backstage.

You took your seat next to Grant, hugging your friends who congratulated you. You turned to Grant, who was glaring down at his water. You furrowed your eyebrows. "Grant, baby," you questioned, "What's wrong?" Grant glanced up at you and took a deep breath through his nose. You noticed the look on his face and realized just what exactly was wrong.

"You're jealous."

Grant always had a certain look when he was jealous. There was a glint of sadness in his eyes, but his face was hardened and his cheeks went pink.

Grant scowled, "Zac Enron better keep his hands off what's mine." You couldn't help but smile at the protectiveness and concern for losing you that Grant was showing.

You put a hand on his shoulder, and the muscle relaxed instinctively underneath your touch. "Zac Efron is nothing compared to you."

Grant looked at you again, this time with a normal visage. "I love you." He murmured. You leaned over and pecked his lips, saying the words back. You began pulling away, when Grant surged forward and pressed a sloppy, deep kiss to your lips.

You pulled away with a small giggle. Turning slightly, you saw Zac staring at the two of you in embarrassment. You laughed and shook your head at your boyfriend, continuing to watch the rest of the ceremony.