LOVE BUG | 𝕓𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕟

warning: s e m i - s m u t

"So let me get this straight," Barry paused, his palm suddenly feeling abnormally sweaty as it was pressed against yours. "She thinks she's in love with me!?"

"Well," Caitlin paused, glancing down at her clipboard to reread the results. "Essentially, yes. Whatever is affecting her has caused elevated levels of serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin—all of which are neurotransmitters that when combined are responsible for the love, affection, and happiness that is currently being pumped their her system."

"So basically," Cisco piped up, gnawing on the cap of his pen while he spun around in the chair at his desk. "You're saying that Y/n's been bitten by a love bug?"

Caitlin sighed, not wanting to dumb it down but that was a way to look at it so she reluctantly nodded.

"But why me?" Barry asked, desperately trying to ignore the quiet girl who was now clinging to his arm with her face buried into his side. "Why does she feel this sort of attraction to me? Why not Wally or Cisco?"

Caitlin shrugged, allowing a glance to Cisco in hopes that he could offer a possible reason—which he did not disappoint. "Maybe it's because you were the first person she looked at after being 'bitten'?" He put air quotes about the word bitten, adding a shrug after the statement so that he couldn't be held responsible if he was wrong.

With Cisco's question left hanging in the air, Barry's focus shifted to the cuddly girl beside him.

His heart wouldn't be able to take this. You let out a quiet little yawn as you snuggled deeper into his hold, eyes shut. He had just become convinced that he has gotten over that pesky crush he had on you but he was positive that this fiasco was going to bring those clawing back to the surface. (If we're being honest, he never really got rid of that crush, though he decided that if he was convinced he was over you, it would become true—it did not).

"What am I supposed to do?" Translated: Am I supposed to ignore her, take care of her until this is over with, or actually indulge her with what she wants?

"If you try to ignore her or shoot her down it's a possibility that she may shut down. Right now, you are her light. You are what is making you happy and I can easily deduce that without you by her side, or at least near her, she'd become despondent. Whatever is affecting her has made her completely reliant on you. It will probably only last a few days—possible a week—until her body burns this off. Until then, try not to give into her too much and make her do anything she'll regret when her head clears but also try to keep her satiated." Caitlin suggested pity in her voice as she eyes you both. "I suggest you find a happy in between."

"Bare," You tugged on his sleeve to gain his attention. "'M tired. Can we go take a nap? Miss your bed."

He nearly choked at your question, roughly coughing to regain the ability to breathe. You just looked so cuddly with your oversized sweater, complete with sweater paws, as you rubbed at your eye tiredly. "Yeah... yeah let's get you home and you can take a nice long nap."

You sighed happily as you tugged him toward the elevator door, eager to get into his fluffy full-sized bed for a much-needed nap.

Barry glanced back at the team, hoping for some sign of reassurance or inclination as the correct way to handle this situation. However, he only received a pitiful good luck thumbs up from Cisco before he was pulled into the elevator and outside of their view.

So here he was. Curtains closed. Room dark. Sufficiently cuddled by the angel in his arms. His heart pounding overwhelmingly, allowing him to focus on nothing other than you.