THEM

My name is Hadiza, a name i regretted being given to since it never signified who i truly am.
This story isn't supposed to be about me,it's was about my sister and her fiancé the main characters.
You know that story where the slim beautiful girl meets her rich prince charming,well that is how their story goes while am just part of the background characters also known as the sister.

Am not that thin and not that fat (chubby) if you might,and am not that good looking just a nice faced girl who is trying to survive a very harsh life since birth.
I grew up being molested by our gardner even before i could understand what it was,am the stupid sibling that never understands anything,am just a daughter to my father who he felt like Hadiza will portray and am just a disappointment to my mother who never does anything right in her eyes.
     Don't get me wrong am not that girl that always sits around and mope about her life,i do get depressed now and then but am a short lovely bundle of joy, i never keep shut mostly because i don't have to think but people don't have to know that, i try to make everything lively around me
I make people laugh when needed and stop them from crying cause i care, even though nobody notices the blankness in my eyes.

Today is one of the days that i hate the most,just like it supposed to be my sister is sitting with mom and me in the parlour,me being ignored as always while they talk about the preparations of her wedding,on a normal circumstances am very happy for her but any opportunity she gets she rubs it in my face like i am an orphan.
I have a stepmother whom my mother hates with every fiber of her being,they don't get along so bad that my father created another side for her in the house although she is the first wife.
My father Alhaji Bashir Alhassan a known business man married my stepmother"Amina" as his first wife when he was 30yrs,Amina gave birth to two children boys (Umar and Sadeek),then he married my mother after ten yrs when he was 40and she gave birth to just two children both girls(me and my sister"Zima"),my mother hates Haj. Amina because she was blessed with boys and you know when it comes to "rabon gado" her children gets the biggest share,i never understood why she was this jealous and that was why i get along with my stepmother and her sons, but my sister did,according to her i quote:"you will never understand the pain of our mother because you are dumb".
"Ke Hadiza" my sister's lovely voice startled me
"Can't you hear us asking you a question or is it because it's not your wedding and you will never get married in your life".
There it is,the gloat of my awesome sister that never gets old.
Getting myself together i replied with "am sorry i was just thinking,what were you saying?"
"Zima wants to do her wedding shower in white and red, what do you think" this time it was my mom that replied.
The question seemed so simple but i knew it was a trap,whatever i choose  will always bring the same problem "because am jealous of my sister's accomplishment".
"Umma you always know what is best for Zima why don't you choose for her"the only correct answer😉.
"Hakane fa, ok tohm Zima i think we should go with white and blue it is more elegant" Umma answered
"Ok tohm mama i like it too"Zima said beaming.
They continued talking about the food and furniture for the event like i was never included in the conversation.
And that was my cue to leave,slowly so as not to be noticed i stood up and left,to my room because my presence is just a disturbance to their lives.