Chpt 5

For the next several days, I avoided Jai like the plague. He texted me multiple times, but I never would text him back. Even on set, I did everything I could to avoid making eye contact with him. My behavior was even confusing to me. Why had I let what had happened while filming get to me so much?

I was back at the monitors while Paul was preparing to film. Trent came up and whistled at me. I turned to look at him. He smiled at me and motioned for me to come over to him.

“What is it?”

“What are you doing tonight?”

“Didn’t have any plans, why?”

“Now, you do,” he said and passed me a small, rectangular thin box that was wrapped in brown paper. “Think of it as an early happy for acing your thesis. By the way, have you heard about that yet?”

“Not yet. I do need to check my email. What is this,” I asked.

“Open it.”

I took the brown paper off and turned it over to see Winter’s Tale. I began smiling.

“Thanks Trent.”

“You’re welcome,” he said, leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. “I’ve got to go so I can head over to the other set. I just wanted to give you that.”

“Thank you.”

He nodded his head at me, turned and walked off. Walking over to my bag, that was sitting in my chair, I slid the movie into it and pulled out my Surface. Quickly turning it on, I loaded my email up and found an email from Professor Dale sitting right at the top. It had come in about an hour ago. I felt the butterflies in my stomach as I hit the open button.

Dear Artemis,

It gives me great pleasure to let you know that I was thoroughly impressed with your thesis on the importance of romanticism and feminism of vampires throughout literary history. It showed valid proof and argued the basis of your thesis with such grace and ease. It was an added extra bonus because of your added interview with actor, Luke Evans and how he spent his time filming Dracula Untold that really catapulted your grade so high. I have awarded you 105 points on your thesis and adding that to your average gives you a 100 in my class.

I took the liberty of checking your grade point average for you since you are working on set and I am pleased to let you know that you will be graduating with a 3.95 GPA from Uof GA in just a few short weeks. Please let me know if you will be walking with the graduating class or not as we will need to save you a seat.

I am so very proud of you and am honored to have taught you these past two years. Congratulations, Artemis and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Professor Matthew Dale

“I did it! I did it, I did it, I did,” I literally screamed.

“What is it,” Paul asked coming up to me.

“I made a 105 on my thesis!”

He gave me a hug; “I’m so proud of you, Mimi. What did he say?”

“Read it for yourself,” I said and passed him my Surface.

I started crying I was so happy.

“Congratulations Mimi,” he said. “Maybe you owe someone a thank you,” he said and motioned his head forward.

Lifting my head, I saw Luke, Jaimie and David standing there preparing to film. I immediately walked onto the set and tapped Luke on the shoulder. He turned around and looked at me.