Chpt 11

Two months later…

With lots of help from Luke, I was able to start rehearsals for Little Shop of Horrors. I was so excited to work with Daniel Radcliffe. He was Seymour. They had done something extremely fabulous that was completely secret. It was so secret, I couldn’t even tell Jai and Luke about it. Benedict had been hired to voice Audrey II. They approached him about it after everyone had been cast except for Audrey II. With Sophie and the baby at home, he made the choice to say yes and stay in London for the rest of the year to be close to them.

Working with the animatronics of the plant was some what tricky, but it ended up being a lot fun. Benedict sat in the right hand wing of the stage while he voiced Audrey II. The voice he used was fantastic and when he sang, it was fabulous.  We had been rehearsing every day for two months and we were ready to open. Opening night was one week away. I was sitting in my dressing room and there was a knock on my door.

“Come in.”

The door opened and a PA brought in a bouquet of red roses; “Here you go, Miss Storm.”

He sat them down on the counter in front of me.

“Thank you,” I said and put my Audrey wig on the mannequin head.

 I found the card and pulled it off. Opening it, I immediately recognized Jai’s handwriting.

You’ve been working so hard and Killian keeps us both so busy. I’ve gotten permission to take you away for the weekend. Killian will be in wonderful hands with his father. Your bag has already been packed for you. All you have to do it meet me at the train station. See you soon. All my love, Jai

I smiled. This was incredibly sweet and so romantic. He was right. We hadn’t had a lot of time to ourselves. Killian was getting so big. He as a chunk of love. His laughter just brighten my day. I began gathering my belongings, picked up my roses and headed to the back door of the theatre. Walking out, there was a car there.

“Good afternoon, Miss Storm,” the driver said, opened the door and motioned for me to get in.

On the ride, I called did a Face Time call with Luke so I could see Killian.

“We are going to be just fine,” he said as Killian was making gurgling noises at me. “Go, enjoy yourself and have fun,” he said with a wink.

“I will. I love you both.”

“We love you, mummy,” he said and waved Killian’s hand at me.

I blew them a kiss and ended the call. When I got to the train station, the driver dropped me off and gave me instructions on where to go. I followed the instructions and found Jai waiting on me.

“There’s my beautiful wife,” he said sweetly as I walked up to him.

“Hi,” I said and hugged him.

“Hey babe,” he said and hugged me back.

“Where are we going?”
“We are going to Paris for the weekend,” he said and gave me a kiss.

“Awe,” I said. “You are so sweet.”

“I figured it would be a nice treat for you and I’m dying to have some alone time with you before the musical starts.”

I made a face at him and he winked at me. We didn’t have to wait too long until we boarded our train. We had a nice, comfortable trip in our private sitting room. When we got to Paris, Jai collected our luggage and we caught a taxi to our hotel. Even though it was just for the weekend, he went all out. The hotel was swanky and the suite was absolutely beautiful.