Chpt 4

The following week, I was helping prepare for a scene in a bar. I was doing what Paul had asked me to do as the extras began filling the bar for the scene. The actress that was in the scene with Jai headed on set and the next thing we knew, she was flat on her back, knocked out cold. I quickly ran over to her and checked on her. I checked her pulse and she had one.

“She’s got a pulse,” I said with my voice raised. “Get the medics!”

I looked her over and when I got down to her feet, I found out why she fell. The heel on her right shoe broke clear off. I could see her right ankle was beginning to swell. She obviously bonked her head when she fell. When the medics got there, I moved out of their way.

“Her right ankle is swelling. Her heel broke and it caused her to fall.”

Paul came up behind me; “Well, what the hell are we supposed to do now? We’ve got to shoot this scene. We’re already behind schedule by three days. We don’t need to be pushed back anymore,” he said and then he got quiet.

I turned my head and looked at him; “What are you thinking?”

“That’s freaking brilliant,” he said and looked at me. “There aren’t many lines,” he said and gave me a look.

“Whoa, hold up, Paul. You want me to replace that girl?”

“You can do it,” he said and turned around. “Bring me the script!”

The script master came running up and handed him the script. He in turn showed it to me. It was simple dialogue between Jai’s character and this girl. I then got to the end of the scene where the two characters end up in a lip lock.

“Paul,” I said and pointed to the end of the scene.

“Oh, please, you can do this!”

“Is there any thing else other than this?”

“Yes,” he said in a  questionable manner.

“Show me before I agree to this.”

He turned the page and showed me where the two characters end up doing the dirty in the coat closet. I gave him the eye.

“Mimi, please do this for me. Hell, you can use your own name instead of the name in the script. I will pay you $1,000 to do it!”

“You know you’ll take $1,000 to make out with Jai,” I heard Trent say from behind me.

“Fine, okay, fine, I’ll do it,” I said.

“Trent take her to wardrobe and tell them they have 30 minutes to get her ready. Take the script and memorize the lines.”

“I already did, Paul. Let’s go Trent.”

Forty minutes later…

Dressed in a strapless, leopard print mini dress with flat black flats on my feet, my hair was completely down and cascading down my back. Trent delivered me to Paul and Jai was sitting with him.

“Let’s do this before I change my mind, Paul,” I said.

I noticed Jai do a double take as he looked at me; “Mimi?”

“Yes, it’s me in all my glory,” I said. “It’s the stool on the end right, Paul?”

“Yes.”

I turned and went over to the bar and sat down in the end stool; “Paul, trust me, I’ll give you what you want.”

“Actors set! Quiet please. Music on softly. And…action!”