Magic Show (MGG)

Matthew Gray Gubler x Reader

Magic Show

Fluff Fluff Fluff

Prompt: Matthew performs a magic show in the middle of the night like the crack head he is.

Matthew was sitting on the couch watching a paid advertisement that was playing on the television. He looks over at sleeping Y/N getting a magical idea.

"Y/N, wake up."

She groans and opens her eyes at him.

"Yes, goob?" He gives her a smile as she awakes from her sleep on the couch.

"Can I give you a magic show?"

Y/N sits up and nods at him "As always..yes."

While Matthew stands up Y/N looks at the clock illuminating from the tv box.

2:09 a.m

Matthew is standing in front of the couch and is about to speak when Y/N interrupts him.

She stands up on the couch and begins speaking with her hands in the air like an announcer.

"Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, be prepared to be amazed! The great Matthew Gray Gubler will be preforming a magnificent magic show...at two in the fucking morning."

She smiles at him and sits back down on the couch while Matthew is laughing, but attempting to contain it.

"Thank you, miss Y/N." He laughs again. "You're welcome." She says softly.

"For my first trick.." He pauses, smacking and rummaging through his pockets looking for his first prop, his pockets are now flipped out so Y/N can see that there is nothing in them.

"Did you forget something?" She smirks at him.

"No! No! No!" He waves his finger at her, "Wait..." He pushes his pockets back inside and then grabs a coin that was inside. "I got it."

"Wow." Y/N says in excitement clapping "Much talent." She laughs.

"Hey Hey Hey, that was the first trick missy." He throws the coin to the floor.

She raises her hands at him and he begins his next trick. He pulls a deck of cards from his pocket gaining more clapping from Y/N. "Wooo! Yeah!" He smiles.

"Okay so for my next trick...I am going to need a volunteer from the audience." He looks around the room until he lands his eyes back on Y/N. "Perhaps you miss?"

She laughs and speaks "Sure, mister goob."

He walks over to her and spreads the deck of cards in her face, "Pick a card, or you're toast...and please do not call me goob, it's Mind-Blowing Matthew to you."

She picks out a card staring at him in amusement at the nonsense that just came out of his mouth "You aren't that 'mind-blowing' to me mister goob." He stares at her in disbelief, "Not yet anyway."

Her card is the queen that has a doodle of a pumpkin on the crown.

"Okay now please put the card back in the deck and I will choose your card, alright?" She looks at him and laughs and puts the card back.

"What's so funny Y/N?" He cocks his eyebrow at her while fixing the deck.

"Oh, nothing, nothing at all mind-blowing Matthew." He gasps at her before speaking again.

"Now, the first card I pull from the deck will be your card.." He pulls the first card out and shows it to her. "Is this your card?"

She attempts to hold her laughter in, "Well...no."

"WHAT!, that's impossible." She begins laughing at him while he pulls another card out.

"Is THIS your card?" She purses her lips at him, "Yikes! no." She smiles at him.

"This is ridiculous." he says under his breath. He starts coughing and opens his mouth and takes a card out. "Now...is this your card?"

She scrunches her nose, "Hmmm...no."

Matthew falls down on the floor and begins fake crying, Y/N is laughing on the couch.

"Matthew.."

"Matthew.."

"Mind-Blowing Matthew?" He looks up at her and she is holding her card.

"Here's my card." She is smirking at him.

"H-how did you do that?" He stands up walking towards her, he sits on the coffee table facing her.

"Well, I am to a magician." She says while waving the card in his face, Matthew smiles at her and grabs the card from her hand. Matthew fixes the deck and puts it on the coffee table.

"Do all of your cards have doodles on them?" She asks him.

"Most certainly, the one you had was the queen of Halloween." He smiles at her.

"Oh, so you mean me?" She says while pointing to herself.

"No! I'm the queen of Halloween." Matthew says in a childish voice, she gasps.