10

emily's pov

i woke up to my father shaking me, "we're at our first stop emily." he said, getting his pillow and small blanket.

I grabbed my carry on bag and got up and rubbed my eyes. I squeezed between my dad and an older lady, I smiled at her and continued to follow my dad.

We made our way through the crowded airport and found some seats to sit and eat some food.

My dad grabbed some snacks from his bag and handed me some peanuts and a water.

"I can't wait to get to Germany." I said, taking a huge drink of my water. "Me too, I want you to be safe." He said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

We finished our quick snacks and decided to look around at the gift shops in the airport.

There was a bunch of souvenirs and things to buy. My dad bought me a sweater and a cup. "Thank you" i smiled and followed him out the door.

"Passengers will be boarding the plane to Berlin in 21 minutes at 3c" a lady said over the intercom.

I looked at my dad and sighed, "I'm ready to get this over with." I said. He nodded his head, "me too."

When it was time to board, we made our way over to gate 3c and we followed the long line of people and found out seats.

I got the window seat once again. I adjusted my pillow and plugged my earphones in, I turned on the movie and closed my eyes.

This was going to be a long ride.