Amethyst- Part 3

As years passed, we almost stopped staying in touch with each other. Hoseok was a celebrity now,and I was still a non entity. I was almost quite sure that he must have forgotten me, afterall,he met hundreds of people everyday for professional needs.

I started keeping busy too. I had always despised my job because it left me with no time for myself. It felt like walking in circles,as I was leading to nowhere. I had started to realise that I wasn't living the kind of life I wanted to live.

Watching Hoseok grow made me proud and envious at the same time. Proud as I have seen him become a celeb from a nobody,and envious 'cause we both started together...and I wasn't clearly living the best life.

I would always smile whenever I'd read an article about him. He still had a special corner in my heart. Deep inside, I was well aware that I hadn't moved on.

And then, this sequence of events that happened yesterday ravaged my peace of mind... Hoseok actually smiled at me at the airport!! My first thoughts were that he must be smiling at the fans who had gathered there to welcome him...and I chuckled at my silliness for assuming that he smiled at me.

But what if he actually recognised me? My brain was affixed at this romantic possibility and I really couldn't think of anything else. What if Hoseok had feelings for me?

I was lost in my delusions when my phone rang. It was a call from an unsaved number. I was a bit irritated as it disturbed my contemplation. I answered,of course, with a rather cold "Hello?". Noone spoke from the other side. That made me lowkey want to snap. I asked again,"hello,who am I talking to?" To which a rather familiar sounding voice responded,"Hi,it's me,Jung Hoseok". I was convinced that someone's playing a prank on me, so I snapped and hung up.

The phone rang once again, I picked it up instantly. "Why do you think that Jung Hoseok can never call you? Weren't you two friends?" Said the voice. "So who are you for real?" I said,almost half convinced that it was hoseok himself. "I'm disappointed you don't recognise me. That's so cold." He said that almost in a childish tone. That made me laugh. We had a long and hearty conversation over the phone. Hoseok said that they had a fansign event in my city the next day and that he expected to see me at the event. "It has been long since we last met. I'll have some free time after the event so we can hang out. I really missed you." Hoseok said cheerfully.

"But you never called" I said.

"I swear I hadn't even called my parents more than once a week in my trainee days. I was really busy as hell. But I had never stopped missing you."

"I didn't ask for an explanation ,Hoseok." I said.

There was an awkward pause after this. We resumed the conversation for a while and then hung up.

I was really intimidated when he told me that he never stopped missing me.

What could that possibly imply...

Did...did he love me as much as I loved him?

My mind was again in a mess. I tried to sleep so that I get to go to the fansign fresh as a daisy.

...........