Chapter 1: The Breakthrough

After the move from Minnesota, I didn't really know what to think about my new school. But suddenly, on one day, everything changed...

Waiting at the bus stop, I hear a group of boys coming from behind. I look back and one particular boy with sky blue eyes and a beautiful smile stood out.

I quickly turned back around as if I never saw them. One yells, "think fast" and throws a football at me. Of course the unskilled athlete I am, I turn around and the football hits me right on the nose.

I fall on the hard concrete sidewalk. I curl into a ball and sob thinking this was my old school all over again when suddenly someone taps on my shoulder. I look up and it's the boy with the eyes. He asked me if I needed a hand. Of course I said yes.

As he was helping me up, he introduced himself. "Hey sorry my friends can be stupid sometimes",he whispers. "It's fine", I replied. "Hey I'm Hayes", he said holding his hand out to shake mine. "Hi I'm Ellie", I said.

~after a 5 minute conversation~

When the bus came around the corner, Hayes asked me for my number. I wrote it down on a sheet of paper and he stuck it behind his phone case.

We get onto the bus and nobodies on yet. Hayes mentioned that we were the first stop. So Hayes and his friends go to the back of the bus and all gather around and talk. I sit towards the middle of the bus and put my earbuds in and play my favorite game, Flappy Bird.

After a few bus stops, someone sits beside me. A girl who is about my height and size. We introduce each other and get to talking. It turns out she moved from a different state too, Washington. But she said she moved 2 years ago. She said it was a big change, but a fun change. She says before she moved she had a huge celebrity crush on this guy named Hayes Grier. She says she's over him now though...

*AUTHORS NOTE*

Hey guys this is my first fanfic so I'm new to this;/ sorry if it bad. I'm trying my hardest. Don't be afraid to comment. btw go follow my fan acc IG||@grxers.yeet :)