Day 1

Entry 1: 

Alright, I checked about three (3) websites (one of them was WikiHow), and I watched one (1) video. Seems legit! Everyone in the YouTube comment section and the "astral projection" tag on Tumblr seem to know what they're talking about. Worth a try, right?

So, people mention feeling vibrations before their astral form leaves the physical body. Honestly, I've felt those before while meditating in my 6th grade health class, and once when I was tired as all hell and trying to meditate to fall asleep faster. 

It didn't work. I got terrified and jolted up in bed, thinking "Wow, is my body shutting off already?!?" And now I know: apparently my soul was preparing to leave my body! Still not much better, considering the fact that back then I didn't know anything about astral projection and I'd probably assume I'd died.

Earlier today, I attempted to reach that state when the vibrations come on. Sleep paralysis had begun to take over- a common thing, apparently- but it was ruined when I felt a small ticklish feeling on my leg. I immediately bolted upright, paralysis gone in an instant, and there was this frickin' ant crawling on me. 

I should probably tell everyone by now that I have a deathly fear of ants. 

Let's just say that session, which I attempted seven hours ago, didn't work.

The sites I've checked out all advise trying astral projection immediately after waking up. It's currently 11:49 PM, and I'm tired, which means I'm probably just going to fall asleep directly after entering a hypnagogic (half asleep, half awake) state. 'Cause really, I'm tired. I just binged The X Files. 

Procedures for tonight that I'm planning to follow, as advised by a very trustworthy YouTube comment section:

1. Listen to this: https://youtu.be/LCIXD9m4S88 (Binaural Beats Meditation for Astral Projection, courtesy of Nu Meditation Music). It helped me relax quicker. On average, it takes me roughly 18.5 minutes to get to the almost-hypnagogic state while listening to music, opposed to the 40 minutes it takes without it. 

2. Close my eyes, lay flat on my back, and focus on relaxation of the whole body.

3. Enter a hypnotic state. I will then begin to move my limbs without actually moving them. I'm not entirely sure how that works, but I'll give it a try, I guess?

4. After this the vibration is supposed to happen. I'll try not to have a heart attack this time.

5. At this point I should be able to move myself out of my body. Since I'm a newbie, I'm not supposed to go far yet. 

It is currently 12 AM. I'll update later on, if I'm successful. If there is nothing added to this page, assume everything went very, very wrong, and I frickin' died or something. 

Wish me luck! 

Entry 2:

I DIDN'T DIE!! Nothing in any way relating to Insidious has happened so far, and here's to hoping nothing ever will! ...I really shouldn't have watched that movie right before trying this stuff. I should really get an A+ in common sense!

I got to that vibration stage but my heart started beating too fast again. And then I suddenly noticed there was a lot of spit in my mouth, so I swallowed, and just like that, I was out of the trance.

I tried again for 1.5 hours, but I just couldn't do it. So I tried to fall asleep. 

...And then didn't. 

My sleep cycle is literally fricked up. I laid there, closing my eyes for exactly 2 hours, but I couldn't fall asleep. After tossing and turning, I sorta had enough of that and sat up and browsed Ao3, 'cause honestly, why not?

It was about 6 AM when I finally drifted off, which sort of ruins my plans for trying today at 8. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to try again.