The Sound and Beat of Rain

I shrieked as a roar of thunder sounded, mixed with a bolt of lightning. Putting my hands on each side of my head, I crouched on the ground, under the relentless rain. Then, a soft hand skimmed my shoulder. "Tohru," Kyo whispered, "are you scared of storms?" I nodded, tears slipping from my eyes as I froze up with fear. Lifting me up, he grasped my hands as if I was a princess and pulled me into him. I lightly gasped, feeling the immediate change in tempature. Kyo's embrace was warm and comforting, so for a few minutes I let the warmth and toasty feeling of his hug envelope me. Shivering, I shook the rain water off my head and gazed up at Kyo. Backing away but still grasping my shoulders, he pushed a loose strand of my cold, wet, hair behind my ear and breathed, "That's a shame. You look really beautiful in the rain you know." I felt blush form across the bridge if my nose and I just leaned into him again, saying, "Thank you for finding me." He lifted up my chin delicately with his fingers and kissed me. A jumbo of feelings exploded inside of me and suddenly I was not the weak, frightened girl from a few minutes ago. Breathing in, I pulled back with rain showering on us both and said joyfully, "Lets go home."