Reunion

And without looking back, Chihiro sped through the spirit gate, one last time.

She looked out into the new surroundings, and immediately took in where she was. Chihiro gasped. She was back at home, the spirit world! Then, she noticed a boy who looked as surprised as she was standing in front of her.

The realization sunk in soon enough...

"H-Haku?" Chihiro breathed. Tears quickly filled her eyes.

Haku's eyes widened, "I was about to go through the spirit gate...to find you..."

Chihiro flung her arms around him and was enveloped in his warmth. She had missed his so much, it was almost enough to break her sanity. He was about to go looking for her, so he hadn't broken his promise after all...

Haku wrapped his arms around her waist tighter, never wanting to let go.

"I missed you, Chihiro. It's impossible to describe how lost I was without you... I couldn't have a minute in all these days without you coming into my mind." He took a shaky breath, and loosened his grip a bit. "I can't believe you're here..."

"Of course I came, you idiot!" Chihiro cried out, tears pouring down her face as she pressed her lips against Haku's.

Haku seemed surprised at the sudden outburst but gradually closed his eyes, and leaned into the kiss, just grateful for having Chihiro by his side again.

When they finally pulled apart, he hugged her tightly again and softly whispered into her ear "I love you."