Chapter Four

BURN

Asriel huffed, opening his dorm's door. The monster glanced around, am exhausted sigh escaping from him. The young adult walked into the room, immediately flopping down on his bed. Floyel, his roommate, glanced up from the book they were reading. The human raised an eyebrow, their gaze locked onto the goat.

"Rough day?"

They asked, curiosity radiating off their voice. Asriel groaned, rubbing his dark brown eyes. The goat sat up, his eyes narrowing as he made eye contact with his roommate.

"Understatement of the century."

Asriel said, pulling himself out of bed. Floyel shrugged, turning their attention back towards the book they were reading.

Asriel walked towards the bathroom, probably going to get changed into something more comfortable. After maybe about 5 minutes, the monster came out dressed in the green sweater with yellow stripes almost every Asriel in ever AU wore and blue plad pajama pants. Floyel blinked, looking up from the book and staring at Asriel.

"Going to bed already? Dinner is in 5 minutes so you probably shouldn't sleep."

Floyel said plainly, their eyebrows raised slightly and a blank expression on their face. Asriel shrugged, a yawn escpaing past his lips. The monster flopped back down onto his bed, quickly struggling to get in a comfortable position.

"I'm tired, okay? Can't you just bring me something to eat?"

The monster asked, staring at his roommate with a pleading look. Floyel's eyebrows furrowed, an annoyed expression growing on their face.

"Again? This is the fifth time."

"I've only asked you once this month!!"

"And four times last month!"

Asriel scoffed, a frustrated sigh escaping from him. Floyel sighed, marking their spot in their book.

"What do you want?"

They asked, getting off their bed and grabbing their dorm's key off of the nightstand next to their bed. Asriel's gaze snapped over to the buman, his eyes widening.

"Turkey sandwich."

He stated, a smug smile forming on the goat's face. Floyel groaned, grabbing the red plad flannel off of the small book that hung at the foot of their bed. The human quickly slipped it on, grabbit their wallet off of the dresser that sat between the two young adult's nightstands. The Soul of Hope pulled out a fee dollars, calculating how much they'd need in their head.

"Why do you always have a sandwich? They have other food too, you know?"

Floyel asked, looking up from their wallet and staring at the monster. Asriel shrugged, watching his roommate toss their wallet back onto the dresser.

"They're the cheapest thing they got."

"Can't argue with that."

Floyel blinked, walking towards the dorm's door. The human glanced over their shoulder, opening the door to dorm's hallway.