•47•

--Jennie--

The two boys sat her down on the couch after she had finally complied to get up from the floor.

But nothing could make her stop crying.

Nothing... unless he would open his eyes and believe her.

Jennie was still shaking from the events, mind still not accepting that Taehyung had believed that liar instead of her.

His girlfriend.

If that even means something.

Here again, Jennie was plunged into her insecurities, heart beating at an inhuman pace, breaths uneven.

She could litteraly feel the pity the two other boys were giving her, and she herself felt her reaction was too much.

But she couldn't control her mind. Once something like this happened, when he would leave, she would feel lost again.

And would be ready to give up on everything.

"I think it was a pure  misunderstanding, and he will realise it, don't worry. He can be a dumb shithead sometimes, but the truth always shines in the end."

Jennie looked down and wiped her tears as Jungkook finished speaking, while he patted her back to support her.

Maybe I just need to go and talk to him? He just needs to listen to me...

But I have no proof...

"The thing is..."

The brunette looked up at Jimin, who seemed to be deep in his thoughts.

"The thing is that, whether we like it or not, Taehyung does care about that girl."

Jennie widened her eyes.

"You're not helping hyung."

"No, but she should know it. Angela was Taehyung's friend back in Daegu. And she was his sister's best friend."

The coldness and hurting inside Jennie's heart instantly died down at the new information.

His sister's best friend?

"So... They knew each other ever since they were little kids. And then when his mother and sister passed away... they just... kind of got closer? Taehyung had no one. And he was too shy to cry with his father. So he would let his emotions go with Angela."

The brunette gulped at the hurtful event.

Taehyung had never had an easy life either.

"Then, someday, she confessed to him. And because he was afraid he would have no one left, he started dating her. That's what he told me, at least."

But the blond boy clicked his tongue and sighed before continuing.

"Then he left to Seoul. He never had any feelings towards her, anyways. Back then, he told me she was just like a mother figure he could seek temporal comfort in. And the fact that she was his sister's best friend... made him very respectful and kind towards her... nearly nostalgic."

Jennie nodded, recalling the emotionless face he had worn when presenting her to them earlier.

"But there is a problem."

Jungkook and her shot an interested look at Jimin, who seemed to be ready to barg in Taehyung's room and throw that Angela girl out through the window.