Chapter 1 - Gwen's POV

I flop down on the couch, and push my hair back with my fingers. I lie across the couch, and stretch out. I turn over onto my stomach, and put my head on the armrest. I feel Peter sit down beside me and stroke my back softly. I exhale loudly. Peter keeps on stroking my back gently. I feel his fingers run over my scar from my operation from on top of my top. I flinch with pain slightly. Even though it's 3 years since I had the operation, it still hurts.

"You know, you wouldn't have a very good career in massages." I say.

Peter laughs softly. He stands up, and bends down to my head. He kisses me softly.

"Is she asleep?"

"Yeah."

Relief floods through me. Our daughter, Emma, is only 2 weeks old, and has had trouble falling asleep. She's like her father. Peter is always up in the middle of the night being spiderman, and doesn't go to sleep early. Where as I could do to sleep at 10, and wake up at 6 the next morning. But Emma is such a little ray of sunshine. She is so sweet.

I sit up, and Peter sits down beside me. He puts his arm around me, and pulls me in close to him. "I love you." I whisper into his ear. He kisses me again, before saying "I love you more." I stare up at our wedding picture. Our wedding anniversary will be in exactly 1 week. I smile to myself.

Peter's phone starts to ring. Peter gets up to answer it, brings It over to us, and puts it on loudspeaker.

"Peter? Is that you sweetie?"

"Yeah, it's me Aunt May."

"I just called to see how Emma was getting on."

"Aunt May, I know you're excited and all that, but you've called every six hours since she was born. And we'll be coming to New York tomorrow, you really don't need to call this much."

"Gwen? Are you there?"

"Hi Aunt May!"

"I just called to see how Emma was getting on."

"She's fine." I laugh. "She's just fallen asleep."

"Oh good. And Gwen?

"Yeah?"

"Tell your husband he needs to mind his manners around the person who cared for him since he was four."

"I will."

"See you tomorrow."

"Bye!!"

She hangs up on us.