CHAPTER 10

"I am still planning for it though," she chuckles. I am honestly surprised. Why in the world is she still single? With her good looks and stunning personality, I can't comprehend what could keep men off her lane. Men are victims of beauty.

We drink until 10:00 p.m. bearing in mind the next day would be busy, I do not wish to extend into the night. It has been worthwhile and even better chatting with Maggie as well. "I think it's time to leave Joe," Liz points out. I agree.

After clearing the bills I walk her out of the joint to the parking lot. I can feel the booze in my brain and muscles. "Oh, I just drained a bottle of whisky," I think out loud. "Yeah you did. And I can feel my legs saluting the drink," she replies jokingly. Of course she had slightly too much. She gladly hops into the car and I help her buckle up before sliding behind the wheel.

"By the way, thanks for the moment. I didn't know you can be romantic," she laughs. I can't hold my laughter either. I am amused by her insinuation. "I know how to treat ladies," I joke. She laughs and gives me a curious look.

"Please don't say it," I tease her. "So now you are a mind reader?" She asks sarcastically. I revvy the car and pull out of the parking. I have to drop Liz home. I speed in the light traffic. The drive is quiet so I opt to play some soft rock in the car's stereo. Liz is somnolent. I let her be.

I drive while listening to some soft rock along the Thika Superhighway. "Turn right!" Liz suddenly breaks the silence. I slow down and comply. We divert to a road leading to Muthaiga estate.

"I thought you were asleep," I mock her playfully. "Just heavy-eyed," she replies on a girlish tone. After driving for another five minutes, we arrive at her apartment.

"You are home now," I sigh heavily. "Yeah thanks," she starts to open the door. "Are you sure you won't come in?" she poses rather suggestively. "It's a long day tomorrow so ...," I start to protest. "Cut the crap!" she cuts me short, "I am the employee here," she nags.

"Okay, just for a few minutes then," I say and walk out of the car. We walk into a two bedroomed apartment. It is furnished to a girl's specification. Some colorful chaise lounge sofas are neatly arranged around the sitting room. A beautiful glass table sits at the center. There are several bouquets of flowers in the room.

"Please make yourself comfortable," Liz ushers me to a seat. I utter a quick thank you as I perch myself on the seat. "It's not very fancy, but I like it this way," she quickly adds as she points around. I find the apartment good enough for her. "It's perfect," I answer rather earnestly. "You don't mean it," she blushes. "Yes, I do," I give her a reassuring nod.

She walks into the kitchen and brings with her a bottle of whisky, some ice cubes and lemon slices. I think of turning down the drink but the dipsomaniac in me betrays. I find myself pouring a drink and chilling it with ice cubes. Liz settles beside me with her drink in hand.

"It is not every day your boss visits," she states humorously. I laugh at the joke. The drink turns out to be more enticing than I had anticipated. In minutes, I am refilling my second glass. "Go easy, lest you will be wasted before you're third," Liz teases.

We are having quite a moment. Our conversation takes the better part of the evening. I can't exactly fathom the change of events but I find Liz's hand softly massaging my thigh. Before the fog can clear from my mind, I feel her lips brush mine. My heart throbs fast and a tremor surge through my body. Her soft delicate hands cup my face and I can feel my loins stirring impatiently. For a moment, I remain frozen and emotionless.

When the haze clears from my mind, I'm startled at the sight of Liz on my laps. Her hands locked behind my neck. My eyes gaze directly into her cleavage. It is well magnified by her scanty top. "Liz," I breathe out. "You don't want to do this."

She lets her hands massage my pate. "Yes, I want to," she murmurs into my lips. Her lips devour mine hungrily. My body is warming up to her touch. Every nerve in my flesh is flaring.

"I don't think this is a good idea," I struggle to explain. It hadn't dawned on me that we could find ourselves in such a situation. Yet my body is burning with desire at her seduction.

"Well, you should reconsider this," she whispers into my ears as she pulls off her top over her head revealing her breasts cupped in her bra. "Oh, damn it," My eyes remain glued to her cleavage. A rose tattoo glows on her left breast. Her light skin tone is irresistible. I plunge my lips into hers. What follows is a fierce kiss. My impatient hands caress through her hair then slowly slide down her back to the straps of her bra.

I break from the kiss my lips softly nibble on her neck. She gasps and moans into my ears. She whines and rubs on my loins. I bury my visage into her well rounded breasts. The effect is intoxicating. She bites hard on her lips trying to hold back her mourns.

Liz pulls off my T-shirt. Her lips kiss my shoulder blade. Slowly, she makes her way to my nipple. Jeez! The unfolding is unworldly. A feeling of ecstasy surges through my body. I lift her face with my hands and lock our lips. There is a fiery passion between us.

"The bedrooms are upstairs," Liz whispers into my ears. I haul her into my arms and carry her up the flight of stairs into her bedroom. A huge well spread bed sits at the center of the room. I lay her softly and climb on top of her. In minutes, our clothes lie scattered on the floor. Liz is phenomenal. Our love making is wild and crazy. The pleasure is intense.

We fall back onto the pillow panting heavily. A deep silence ensues as I listen to my heart beat. It was such an ecstatic experience. Liz is breathing heavily. She lies on her back with her face fixed on the ceiling. Her long blonde hair covers the better part of her pillow.

"That was...," I pause unsure of my choice of words.

"It was great. I can't feel my legs," she jokes in a whisper. I chuckle.

"It was steamy," I admit. She turns so that she now faces me with her eyes locked to mine. The eyes are soft and glistening. "Please stop it. I am blushing," she laughs.

"Joe, I hope this won't create a berth between us," she speaks so softly that I almost miss it. I slide my fingers on her cheek. She smiles. "It can't, trust me. Why should it anyway?" I ask her.

She looks into my eyes looking thoughtful. "Sometimes sex pulls people apart. Especially when it is a night stand," she giggles. I try not to laugh but seems like there is some sense in her words.

"Is this a night stand?" I get inquisitive. She cups her face in her palms playfully to hide the embarrassment. "You know better than anyone else," she laughs. "I hadn't thought of it that way," I remark.

"Well, how about we exacerbates the name night stand," I joke. She looks into my eyes curiously. "And how do we do that," she whispers. "Like this," I reply in a crispy voice.

My lips lock onto hers. She does not resist. The kiss is slow and passionate. She locks her arms around my neck as I get to her top. Our bodies do not disappoint. My hands know better where to touch and how to touch it. Liz mourns in gasps. The night is swallowed in steamy passion.