chapter 1 The Hero's Dragon

Chapter 2 Ash's dragon friend

This, is Chiania. It's twelve days south of Hopeless, and a few degrees north of Freezing to Death. It's located solidly on the despair of Misery.

My village is a sturdy. It's been here for two generations but every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and the charming view of the sunsets. The only problem are the pests. If other places have rattlesnakes and ferrets, we have . . .

"Dragons . . ." A modern boy said with a yawn as he closed the front door of his house, just in time to avoid being burnt to crisp by a burst of flame being shot at him.

We are modern humans, we have Anger issues.

He smacked both of his cheeks to free himself from drowsiness and opened the door once again, he looked around to see if there's any dragon nearby before running as fast as he could to the forge. He didn't want to join in the battle, but he couldn't stay in his house anyway, not with the front of his house was on fire, the only thing he could do was to help out in the forge to avoid having to get in the way of the battle.

My name is Ash Ketchum. Great name, I know it's not the worst. I've been ranked to light guide when i was five in my world speaking of my teammates they must been worried about me in two years after the portal's been interrupted that transport us to the viking world.

Ash gave an 'Oof' when a blast from behind him knocked him off of his feet to the ground, he opened his eyes only to see a man heading towards him with his knife raised and yelling a battle cry, only to grin a second later, "Morning!" He greeted before running off to another direction, Ash immediately jumped back to his feet and began running to the forge again.

The way to the forge was the opposite from where the other people was running to, so he couldn't help but have to running zigzagged to avoid crashing into the other people.

"Ash What are you doing here?!"

"Get in the Forge!"

"What are you doing out?!"

"Get back to Forge!"

. . . were what the other people yelled at him as he ran passed them.

It's not like he couldn't defend himself, he could. He was known as the most skilled fighter among the children his age, it's a well known fact in his village, so the people know not to worry that he couldn't defend himself. They weren't worried for his safety, no, what they were worrying about was the destruction that he would cause to the village unintentionally. He was a skilled fighter, and yet he was accident prone at all times. The people was worried if he wasn't in the forge in time during a raid.

As he keeps running, Ash caught a sight of a person calmly picking on his ear while looking at the all out battle ahead of him, he was too caught up with the sight that he didn't see that his path was on fire, courtesy of the dragon that was flying above it.

"Ash!" He yelped when he was suddenly yanked by the neck of his vest, "What is he doing out aga- what are you doing out?! Get back to the forge!" A big man with red hair and beard first asked to the people nearby, but then thought the people wouldn't know the answer, so he asked Ash instead.

Ash didn't even get the chance to answer before he was shoved forward, he sighed and glanced at the man once again before continuing his run to the forge.