chapter 15 the Truth of Those dragons

Five weeks after the trick at the arena Ash was going to the great hall with Merc Alone which means Ash was disappointed again

"Nonsense." Merc scoffed, "Since your resisting just hurry and execute the nightmare".

"I told you that I won't kill dragons, didn't I? Unless it's the only thing I can do to survive." Ash sighed as he gets his sweat off of his forehead, "All this years, I can survive without having to kill a single dragon, so why must I kill them now?".

"Because it's the The way of surviving the emeny attack Ash." Merc stated as if it was the obvious answer.

Ash Sighed . "You won't listen to me, will you?" He asked in annoyance before glaring at his Mentor, "If you won't listen when I'm speaking nicely to you, then I guess I have to make you listen by force".

"Ash. i'm warning you." Merc challenged as he glared back at his stubborn Student, it seemed like the only trait Ash got from his was his a bit stubbornness.

Ash huffed as he threw his rod to Cynthia, who caught it with a confused expression. "Please hold it for me for a bit." He told her before pulling one of his Wing Blades out, earning gasps of shock from the audience, he pointed it at Merc with a serious expression on his face. "MERC, get ready for duel at the arena!".

With Ash and Merc

"Nick." Ash called out to the blacksmith, "The usual please".

"Alright." Nick answered as he walked into the arena, knowing that his assistance in this was needed. "Normally, this kind of duel is to the death, but we won't have that. So, you will win if you managed to get rid of your opponent's weapon – or weapons – and brought your own weapon near your opponent's neck, that or when your opponent yield." He then raised his hand, "Duel . . ." He swung his hand downwards, "Begin!".

Normally, Ash would wait for his opponent to make the first move, but not this time. He couldn't wait for his Mentor to make the first move, because then he would be at a disadvantage. His Dad wasn't only known for his skill and brutality when fighting dragons, but also when fighting Another Runner. So, the second Nick gave the sign, he lunged at Merc.

Merc narrowed his eyes and moved to first block Ash's attack, and then launched his own attack. That was the plan, but it changed the second it came to his mind, because Ash suddenly disappeared from his view. "What?!" He gasped, Merc heard incoming behind attack and jump back flip to Dodge Ash's kick.

The audience gasped in shock, as they couldn't believe their eyes. The moment they saw that Merc was about to use his knife to throw at Ash, Ash had become a blur and Merc block Ash's fast attacks and jump back. They were shocked that Ash could move that fast.

The teens – after a while of training with Ash – knew that Ash was the fastest among them all, because he used his small size for his advantage, but not even them knows that Ash could move so fast.

Merc's reflex was good though, so he rolled on the ground and was soon get back to his feet. He turned around just in time to block Ash's incoming attack. He was surprised that a thin sword like the one Ash used could withstand his heavy axe, but that was the least of his problem at the moment, because Ash was now attacking him with the sword in his left hand. He jumped back to avoid the attack and was about to counter it, when he lost sight of his Student again, he got kicked from behind.

Not bad. Merc grumbled in his mind. He couldn't believe that his Student managed to kick him like that, but at least he could read his student attack now. He would make sure to immediately turn around when he lost sight of Ash, because that was where his Student was going to be.

"What is this?" Ash's voice made him – and the whole audience – turned his attention to Ash, who was standing casually behind him, with his twin swords held in his grips on his sides. Merc the fighter expert who is famous for his outstanding fighting skill, got his butt kicked once." Ash asked him with an Glare, "What had happened I wonder?".

"Don't get cocky." Merc huffed in anger as he turned to face Ash, and got into his battle stance, "You're just lucky because I have never fought against you before".

Ash answer was only A glare as a rival at him, before lunging at him again.

Ash and Merc follow their movement and blocking each attack Ash and Merc are equals Merc hit Ash with his round housekick making Ash stunned before jumping back before Merc was retilated attacked by Ash

Merc holds back waiting for Ash's next attack

But Ash was quick enough to throw Merc down but Merc Gripping his weapon hard to keep himself positioned. Merc throw Ash back down but Ash did the same as Merc did.

Ash and Merc kept battling for two hours until Ash is not holding back anymore so he didn't kick his Mentor butt again, but instead he moved to disarm Merc. He used his right sword to use the decoy and quickly use his hand to throw he already got his left sword in front of Merc's neck

"You fought valiantly. But this battle's over." Ash said with a determined look

"You did Ash. I admit defeated." Merc did the same thing as Ash's

The teens snapped out of their shocked state and cheered as well.

"Wow!"

"That was one godlike of a fight!"

"I know!"

"I can't believe Ash actually won against the The Leader!"

"I know, right!"

Once they finished with their exclamations, they ran into the arena and surrounded Ash. They then cried out their own different ways to congratulate Ash for his victory, which Ash was accepted with a sad smile on his face.

While the teens were congratulating Ash, Nick came over to Merc and patted him on the back silently.

"I can't believe It. Ash won against me for two years Ash failed to surpass me but he kept going." Merc said to Nick. Now that he wasn't annoyed over his loss, he started to go into shock. He really couldn't believe that he had lost in a fight, against his Son no less.

"Don't you worry, Merc." Nick said to his best friend, "There's more to come".

"Is it?" Merc looked at Nick with Sad eyes.

Nick's only answer was to motioned to Ash with his head, and they both looked at where Ash and the teens were. Jurly, without their knowing, was already standing in front of Ash with a proud smile.

Ash looked at the proud smile on Jurly's face in surprise, then his eyes widened in realization. "You knew." He breathed out in bittersweet.

" He breathed out in bittersweet