Teasing

I wake up the next morning feeling refreshed and giddy. I make homemade biscuits and bacon for breakfast, along with mixed berries. By the time eight comes around, neither Harry or Dad have come into the kitchen.

I take a step out into the living room and listen to the eerie silence. Then break it by calling for them. "Breakfast is ready!"

It takes a few minutes before I hear any movement from either of them. Dad comes into the kitchen first, his navy blue robe hanging loosely over him.

"Mornin', sweetheart," he grumbles, then sniffles loudly.

"You feeling okay, Dad?" I ask and immediately go over to him. I press my hand to his forehead, but he swats me away.

"It's just allergies, nothing to worry about. I'm gonna take my medicine right after breakfast."

"Maybe you should take the day off."

Dad scoffs and pours himself a cup of coffee. "It's not that serious. Take a chill pill, honey."

I roll my eyes and turn around to find Harry behind me. I almost collapse on the spot.

He's shirtless, and I never knew he had so many tattoos. He smirks at me, obviously pleased with himself for being such a tease. What a jerk.

"Morning, Harry," I smile, then grab a plate I'd set on the counter. "Go ahead and make yourself a plate."

"Sure. Thank you, love." He grins at me again as he brushes past me to get to the stove. I take a deep breath before taking my seat at the table next to Dad.

Once Harry sat down with Dad and me, I confidently yet playfully nudged my foot against Harry's. It made him flinch, but that went unnoticed by Dad. Harry flitted his eyes up to me, trying to hide his smile, then nudged his foot against mine in return.

"So, what's your plan today, Harry? Gonna stick with Indie or hang out with me?" Dad asks suddenly.

Harry looks a little surprised. "Erm, I guess I can go with you today. Learn the ropes and all."

His gaze goes to me for a split second, probably hoping to find I'm not upset for spending the day with my Dad instead of me, especially after what happened last night. But, I honestly don't care. He didn't come here to make out with me every chance we get. Besides, he did say he'd split his time between the two of us.

"Great," Dad smiles over at Harry, "It'll be great to have you around."

"Yeah. I think some honest hard labor will do me some good."

I can't help but imagine how Harry will look come lunchtime. His muscles tanned, gleaming with sweat...

"Indie?" Dad questions, putting his hand on top of mine.

"Sorry, what?" I ask, turning my attention to him.

"I asked if you'd order pizza for lunch today."

I nod quickly. "Yeah, sure. No problem."

I look over at Harry, finding him struggling not to laugh. Seriously, he's a jerk. I go back to eating breakfast while Dad gives Harry a rundown of what they'll be doing today. It's nice to see that Harry actually seems interested and happy to help Dad.

"You finished?" I ask both Dad and Harry as I stand from the table a few minutes later.

"Thank you, honey," Dad says as he hands me his plate. Harry smiles his thanks as he hands me his.

I take their plates to the sink, then pour myself a second cup of coffee before heading upstairs to finish getting ready for the day. When I get to my room, I find Harry standing near my dresser looking at the pictures I have in frames sitting on top.