Chapter 32: Risky Danger

The train slowed at a normal pace, allowing the passengers to feel comfortable amongst themselves.

So far, I counted at least five passengers getting off the train to get to their destinations on time.

Some were joyful, while others slept through the ride missing their stops.

But in the meantime, a family of three, a stoic businessman, and another fresh batch of newcomers filled the empty seats.

As the train zipped past the flexible tracks, a tired yawn escaped from Marco's throat. His eyes were worn, but his feet couldn't stay still.

In order to force himself to stay awake, he checked his cell for any messages.

But the moment he turned on the phone, Marco's once fatigued face shift into sheer terror. 

"Good God, " he moaned. "Felicia has sent me a bunch of texts!"

With the sweep of his thumb, Marco scrolled down to see the obnoxious white bubbles filling the screen.

"What does she say?" I ask, feeling curious.

Marco typed a dozen messages, shuts his phone off, then sighed. "She asked if I am in any trouble."

Based on his tone, I am guessing that this has something to with the crap she had heard on television.

"Well, what did you say?" James questioned.

"No," he replied. "And she believed it."

I twisted my face with uncertainty. 

"Well, that's convincing." I snort sarcastically. "Why don't you tell her that we are on the run?"

Marco threw up his hands in the air. "That's because I did."

Stunned, James, Aria, and I stare in complete surprise.

"Wait, " began James. "Are you being sarcastic?"

Marco shakes his head no.

"You told your girlfriend?"  Aria hissed.

Though she is angry, Aria kept her voice down in case of any eavesdroppers lurking by.

"Yeah, I did." Marco shot back.

James glare at him in pure disgust.

"Why would you do that?" he snarled.

"Yeah, " I chimed in. "I know you aren't a good liar, but—"

That's when Marco rudely cuts me off.

"Sorry, " he growls in a hostile voice. "But I hate lying to my girlfriend's face."

Aria rolls her eyes. "That's completely understandable, but you don't just blurt out our situation to someone."

She pauses when Marco looked away from her gaze.

Somehow Aria knows what Marco is talking about; being in a relationship is difficult—especially when it comes to secrets.

"When did you tell her?" I demanded.

"Last night, " Marco responds truthfully.

"And what did Felicia say?" whispered James.

"Felicia is still processing the fact that I have superpowers, but I made her promise that she wouldn't tell the cops."

Aria flashes him a cold smile. "Why didn't you tell us before?"

Marco cocked his head to the side. "I don't know, maybe because you might freak out."

Well, what did you expect? I think.