The Aftermath: 3rd Person Omniscent

The Grekos Brothers were searching for anything they could find from what used to be their beautiful family home. 5 generations old, the home used to be standing ship and shape. But as soon as the war struck the beautiful family home became not a house, but only a ruin. Alec was always the good brother. He was sympathetic. He was the center of attention. While Nicos on the other hand, was rather mischievous. Mysterious, even. After the children get older, and they get married, move out, one of them would have be chosen to be in possession of the house. Nicos knew it would be Alec this time. That he would just be left on the street to find his own life; while coming over to the family home solely for occasional gatherings. Nicos wasn't too fond of that idea, so he had a plan. Even though it meant for great sacrifices, Nicos did it. He set off a nuclear bomb to destroy the whole village. Then, lied, and told everyone it was a war.

At the time of the "war", Alec was cooking for his mother. The soup of the three sisters, her favourite. Alec had learned how to cook from his grandmother, while Nicos liked to go outside and play football... With himself, and occasionally the little boy Kyril that lived around the corner. Alec was always the favourite. The nice one, the good one. The perfect one. Alec used to pick his mother flowers from the valley, and his mother loved him. Anything that happened, it was always my fault. Not the favourite one, Alec's. Their mother loved Alec and his sister with almost all her heart. She only loved Nicos with that extra little part. Managing to fit some love for him, somewhere in there. Nicos hated everything at this point, Alec was pretty satisfied with his life, though.

After Nicos had set off the bomb Alec and his sister, Artemis, along with his mother were terrified. Nicos, however, felt courageous. Their mother was too weak to escape, but Artemis kept on pleading for her to come. Her mother was very ill. She swooned at the sight. She wouldn't leave without her mother. But her stubbornness lead to great disaster. As she and her mother had passed as a result of Nicos' nuclear bomb. They had probably exploded to bits. Nicos had hoped that the house would perish, not his mother. But he wasn't too sad about it. Alec, on the other hand, was devastated. But he had kept the emotional breakdowns until after he had left the danger. Alec clutched Nicos, sprinted to the old family vehicle, and drove off out to the distance on a towering range. Nicos was surprised that Alec "saved" him from his own attack. But he didn't let that get to him because, after all, he was the favourite child and ruined Nicos' childhood. He was supposed to be dead. Nicos and Alec peered down at the exploding village. Tears were surging down Alec's anxious face. Nicos was just staring. Grinning just a little. Alec looked at Nicos, and Nicos looked back at him. There was suspicion in Alec's eyes, but Nicos kept his ground.

After the "attack" Nicos and Alec were searching for lost artifacts. But Nicos wasn't that engaged. "Look it's dad's old military badges!" Alec said triumphantly. He was felt accomplished for once above all the despondency. "Amazing" Nicos retorted. Alec then started going on about the stories mother evermore told him about father. Nico rolled his eyes. Alec was in his own world, looking up at the clouds. "What a beautiful world we have" Alec declared. "It's a shame mother isn't here to see it". Alec expected Nico to say something comforting and warm like "Don't worry, she's in heaven, reunited with father. She's happy" but Nico just took a brisk glimpse at Alec and simulated a sympathetic face. Then he continued pretending to study the badges. Alec squinted at Nico somewhat suspiciously. Then he deliberately looked away and lifted the ancient carpet to look beneath it. Little did Alec know, he was next.