The Pawn Surrenders

Prerna sat in the room and cried her heart out. She was unable to stop. In her hospital gown she looked like a tiny version of herself and all she could think of was that how will she live now? And loneliness within her engulfing her whole being. The nurses were very worried for her. And the moment Anurag entered the room and saw her, his heart dropped to his feet. Pree looked shattered and then torn to pieces.

Anurag’s own words ringing in his ears….

Pree: What do you think Naresh could have done differently if his wife was already pregnant?….  He hardly had any choice then.. (she was searching his face for something more than just the answer)

Anu: (Hardened his heart looking at the most precious face in this world and the answer was brutal but clear to him) HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT CLEANED THEN. 

Anurag  had entered the hospital section to find Naresh keeping an eye on her room. 

Anurag: Where is she? 

Naresh had looked away to show him a section where he informed him that post abortion patients were resting….

Naresh had seen her in the hospital while he had come to file some of the paperwork for his wife’s dead body and had accidentally seen a Prerna who was in shock and then taken to the post operation section. 

Pree had this crazy need to fulfill any of his needs and desires, she would go to any length to keep him from getting hurt. Anurag had always known this. And the 6 years of torture she has put herself through in the name of making his career was inhuman. He had seen with his own eyes what she had done to herself in the name of his success, fame and life. Anurag knew she would never have married him if he had not compelled her to confess her love. His maa has played a very big role in her low self esteem. She was time and again made to feel like that maple leaf which had fallen from its branch. With no value to add to her surroundings.

So much so that in mostly all aspects of their life she was happy to comply with whatever he demanded. But he could never imagine that he in his unmindful rage and fear would snatch away something so precious from her. He had felt a different kind of hope and zeal when he had held his baby personifications of the tiny bear and chicken in shell. It broke his heart that he had so vehemently opposed something he wanted with all his heart. If only, oh God if only he could turn back the clock.

He knew from now on she will not be the same, because for getting her babies killed she will punish herself with hell. He was quaking in his shoes, how will he make her return from the path of self destruction on which he himself has pushed her? 

Anurag came to her bed and called her with all the love and faith in his love he could muster. 

Anurag: Pree!! Preeeee!!! Preeeeeeee!!! 

And he couldn’t take it anymore. He picked her up with her upper arms and shook her. 

Anu: Sh...Shhhh. Main aagaya ...tu kyun ro rahi hai? Tune kya kiya? Main hu tera monster, maine tujhe majboor kiya haina? Toh tu mujhe sazaa de… jo bhi tu punishment degi main… main karunga ...I promise tu kuchh bhi bolegi main karunga Pree. Please Chuza bas ab mat ro. ( he was rocking her and crying himself )...

Pree: Tu mujhse naraz nahi hai… Grumpy? Maine teri baat maan li thi...apna mann pukka kar liya tha… I know tujhe baby nahi chahiye. I understand with my condition you are worried if i can be a good Mumma. But main jab … Main… main jab (she was crying and hiccupping ) Main jab Operation Theatre pahunchi toh …. Toh main… I lost it Grumpy I am sorry ( she covered her face with her two hands and cried her heart out) I can’t do it, I am sorry…..

Anurag went still at first trying to understand what did she say and mean by her sorry….

Anu: Kya matlab? ( wiping his nose and eyes he pulled her hands away from her face) You are saying sorry because you could not abort our babies. 

Pree: ( bowed her head down and with trembling dripping chin shook her head to a No) I am sorry… main waha jake nahi kar payi. I am already in love with them. How do I do this Grumpy. I will do anything you say… but please pleeeeease not this… I promise i will stay healthy, eat whatever you will say, exercise or even… 

Pree couldn’t complete because her Grumpy was already kissing her like a madman. He came up for a breath and then held her face and kissed her again and again… 

Anu: Bandariya tujhe …. Main tujhse… do you have any idea how much I love you,you stupid fool? Tune agar kabhi bhi meri baat mani na tujhe main pankhe se ulta tang dunga. Ek baar decide hogaya hai ke you are the boss phir.. Decisions tujhe lena chahiye. Kya nikkammi wali harkat thi yeh. You stupid, matlab yaha war ho raha hai aur tune foot solidier ko pure decisions rights de diye. Tujhe jab pata hai ki mere paas akkal nahi hai toh tujhe mujhe chappal marna chahiye tha aur bas phir woh karti jo tujhe sahi lagta. Nahi Jahil kahiki ...mere stupid baaton pe chalne lagi toh hogaya phir tera kaam. Main pehle hi bata raha hu Babies ko palne ka kaam tera… main sirf thodu si help kar sakta hu, kal ko tu bole gi inka school chose karo, manners sikhao aur pata nahi kya kya… toh mujhe yeh sab nahi aata… 

And Anu was busy giving her full lecture when Pre started with her missile throwing practice by throwing her chappals at him.

P.S. On a very Non serious note i feel Anu deserves all the missiles he got. 🤣🤣🤣 What do you think Fam?

Love you all for so much encouragement ... next marathon will take sometime...