record VI: biological chaos

I think it's safe to assume most high school students love Fridays. Mainly because everyone in Kimberly High enjoys being illegal for a day and getting drunk at some random dude's neighborhood party, have a massive hangover the next day, and make out with whoever isn't sprawled on the floor.

Ugh, not me. 

My idea of a perfect Friday is going home, get into an oversized hoodie, play a marathon of action movies, and eat semi-melted chocolate ice cream. No need for human interaction since it was the last thing I needed.

Some may call it antisocial. I prefer using the term relaxation.

However, my weekend plans came to an awful glass-shattering moment when I heard Mrs. Lin's elderly tone break into my eardrums, no doubt fracturing some part of my skull. "Don't even try to come up with long plans this week, because you have biology homework to do."

The entire class groaned out loud, a girl even stating, "That's it. I'm never getting kissed," as if there wasn't a sixty-year-old haggled woman glaring her beady dark eyes at her with such hatred that could only be compared to how I felt towards my phony peers.

Still, I rolled my eyes. Seriously? Did she even have a heart? 

Nah, that's stupid. This is the devil's spawn we're talking about here.

Mrs. Lin spun on her small closed black heels, making us face her crooked back entirely. "I said, biology homework for the weekend. So, no kissing 'hot dudes' Miss Caroline," she turned her head to look directly at Madeline Caroline, who slumped a bit on her chair, a pouty look on her face. "Not until you've determined how many genomes the human body has."

As I said, girls in here were too needy. Too greedy. And very desperate.

And while hooking up with boys over the weekend wasn't on my menu, I still wanted to be free from educational slavery. 

Sorry, I meant school

A guy on the second row raised a shy hand, gathering everybody's attention. "Uh, Mrs. Lin? The football guys can't do the Bio homework. We're supposed to be leaving this Friday for a tournament."

At this, a few students murmured in agreement, a jock bro-fisting his friend for stating the obvious. Then, a few girls in front of me got excited and raised their jazz-hands into the air. "We have a choir competition this weekend too! We won't be back until Wednesday."

Mrs. Lin's face morphed from usual annoyance to pure disgust and darkened when she saw three girls from the Drama club politely asking for permission to speak.

"The Drama kids are going to a field trip to know more about Shakespeare's works, ma'am," Janet Schmidt said. Her t-shirt, not surprisingly, was about the man of said plays himself, holding up a sign with his left hand that says, 'Know her family, they said. It'll be fun, they said.'

Mrs. Lin delivered a mean glare throughout the room. "Anyone else leaving this town for the remainder of the school year?" she accused. Her eyes then fell on a girl who seemed to be sweating from her forehead down. 

"Well? Are you coming up with excuses so you don't do this week's biology homework?" she practically screamed at the girl. Meanwhile, the girl I remember was called Lisa was having a hard time trying to keep her jeans dry. Everyone knew Lisa was the nicest person in the entire school, but any time that she did something wrong or was yelled at, she would burst into tears for being the sensitive teenager that she is.

Sometimes I liked her, sometimes I pitied her.

Right now, I pity the fool that she was for holding her hand up at a time like this.