~euphoria

soo this isn't an update but just letting y'all know i published a new story called 'checkmate' for euphoria and i decided to do it from the point of view of rue and lexi, but all the other cast members will also play a part yeet. here's a lil snippet and if you like it, look for it in my stories!

checkmate

Relapsing feels like coming home after a vacation you never wanted to be on.

I close my eyes and smile, seeing sparkles and glitter flow down my cheeks from the outside looking in to my own face. I touch her cheek and run my fingers through her hair while the birds chirp in the background. I listen to their song, the lyrics asking me: 'why did you leave for so long, rue? did you miss us?'

"Yes," I whisper and kiss my own forehead, leaving a cherry-red stain on my skin.

Blinking open my eyes, I walk up the walls and cling to the ceiling, until I drop down in front of my mirror. My fingers graze over my forehead, but the mark isn't there. I watch my lips turn up into a smile, all the pain from an hour ago like a distant memory from another lifetime. In this moment, the question isn't 'why do you do this to yourself, rue?' but 'why would you ever stop?'

Time slows or speeds up or both as I collapse back on my bed, and spread out my arms so wide I pretend I'm giving this fucked-up world a hug. A knocking breaks through my thoughts and I grin, swinging my head along to the sound like it's the beating of a drum. Then it stops and I lift my chin up in confusion, like someone just ripped out my earbuds at the climax of my favorite song.

I don't know if this is actually happening or not, but I go with it, seeing Lexi crawl through my bedroom window and fall on the floor beside my bed. Rolling over to the edge, I peer down at her and raise an eyebrow.

"Rue! You left the dance! Well, anyways, I'm here, so... yeah. Can you close your eyes or turn around or something when I say this?" Lexi asks and I don't even have to think about it, my eyelids sink down and my world fades to a shimmery midnight black once again.