305

How to read advance chapters on volare

Return of the Swallow

 Chapter 305: Dafu

Qin Yining had been running over earlier events at the city gate, analyzing Great Zhou’s political situation, and fretting about her family’s safety. With everything she’d been considering, she’d forgotten to analyze her current situation.

Having been ‘kidnapped’ to Pang Xiao’s manor, she was to face not only the prince, but his family as well.

But she was the daughter of Qin Huaiyuan.

Even if Pang Xiao’s father had died because of the tyrant of Northern Ji, Qin Huaiyuan’s plan had been the spark to the fires of destruction. Would Pang Xiao’s mother dislike her? Or even hate her?

And, from what position should she approach the Pangs with?

Great Yan had fallen, she was in the Great Zhou capital as the daughter of a surrendered official. She no longer had a status on par with Pang Xiao. Even if he didn’t mind the change, his elders probably wouldn’t assess her from the perspective of equals, would they?

And the most important thing was, it was her first time meeting the parents, but she didn’t have greeting gifts on hand!

As nerves and concerns vied for dominance, she failed to notice that Pang Xiao had bent at the waist and had been observing her shifting expressions for quite a while.

It was the first time he’d seen such a varied display on her face. He’d only ever known her as an exceedingly rational and sensible girl—so much so that he often forgot her true age. It was only when she blushed nervously that he remembered she was a young girl who’d just come of age.

Shortening the distance between their nose tips, he drew so close that he could smell her unique fragrance. Qin Yining abruptly took two steps backwards when she came back to her senses.

“What, what are you doing so close to me?” Anyone would be startled when a face suddenly loomed in their field of vision.

Pang Xiao smiled. “Oh look at you.” He took her hand and strolled into the inner residence, not caring that others would see them. 

“Don’t be nervous. My grandfather and grandmother are all ordinary commoners. My mother is even more gentle. They don’t have the airs and affections of nobility. You’re such a wonderful girl. They’re sure to like you after they meet you.”

Qin Yining nodded nervously. “But… I came in a hurry. I haven’t prepared anything. It’s really too impolite to do so.”

Pang Xiao burst out chuckling. “What do you need to prepare? Just you being here is enough.”

The girl blushed even more fiercely when she heard this, and she picked roughly at his palm with the hand he was holding, prompting more happy chuckles from the prince.

They passed through the second door of ceremony, took a turn past an exquisite garden on their left, and arrived at the flower-hung gate.

A granny servant walked up to them as soon as they stepped through it. “Your Highness.”