twenty-two

third person

"I KNOW THIS IS A BIT LATE BUT...
do wanna go to prom with me?" johnny asked after days of thinking. he was nervous if the girl he loved would agree. he anxiously tapped on the stirring wheel.

"i've never went last year, so i don't know how it's like" mackenzie looked over at him.

he kept his eyes on the road, "that's okay, i thought it might be fun. with you"

she softly grinned, "okay, i'll go.."

he glances over at her and grabbed her hand, "thank you"

"i was thinking if maybe we could match... like my bow tie could be the same color as your dress"

mackenzie smiled to herself thinking of how much he thought about this.

"okay"

she quickly pulled out her phone and texted on the group which nadia and annie are in,

'guys, johnny just asked me to go to prom with him, that's in like 2 days right? i need ur guys help with my dress and makeup and everything. can we all meet tomorrow at nadia's at 3pm???💕💕'

johnny pulled over inside mackenzie's garage, they both hopped out of the car and made their way inside.

"hey mom, mads" the short brunette called as she spotted them in the kitchen.

johnny greeted them, then went up to kenzie's room.

"hey darling" melissa said trying to start a conversation.

kenzie opened her fridge, grabbed a water bottle and ran upstairs.

maddie sighed, "it's been like this for the past two weeks" she told her mother.

"maybe you should talk to her" she suggested.

"i've tried" maddie says then goes into the living room.

"how do you think mandla and james' date went" mackenzie asked johnny who was scrolling through his phone.

"i really don't know, i mean they seem good for eachother." johnny said a bit confused with the whole gay topic.

"i'm thinking of calling james over to do my makeup for prom" she looked up and johnny.

"that's fine"

"let's go down and eat something" she suggest while lifting her head up from his lap.

they walked down the stairs hand in hand.

maddie spotted the pair and rolled her eyes, she got up from the couch and grabbed her purse which was on the coffee table.

as she was putting on her shoes, mackenzie asked, "where you going mads?"

maddie felt anger rush through her veins, the only proper thing mackenzie said to her this whole week was 'where you going'

maddie huffed and grabbed her car keys, "somewhere"

she slammed the front door shut and left.

mackenzie didn't seem to be too bothered though, she sat on the kitchen island pulling johnny between her legs.

"she seems upset" johnny says looking into kenzie's chocolate eyes.

"nah" she leaned in and kissed him.

later that day, johnny decided to be a good person and check up on maddie. this made maddie even more upset with kenzie. it was as if she didn't care about maddie anymore.

johnny
hey, u seeemed a bit off today,
is everything alright?

maddie
oh wow, ur sweet
oh and i don't wanna talk about it
sorry bro

johnny
eh no prob,
bye have fun in whatever ur doing

maddie
lol bye

as the days passed, mackenzie got more and more excited for prom. she was going with her amazing friends and the boy she loved.

annie, nadia and kenzie would meet up sometimes twice a day to plan everything.

johnny grew nervous, he had never been in an actual relationship before, he didn't know exactly how to ask his best friend to be his girlfriend.

as the clock struck 2, kenzie grabbed her phone,makeup bag, dress, shoes etc and ran down her stairs. nadia was waiting outside in her car. she was more than excited.

"maddie, what do you think of my dress?" the excited girl asked her older sister.

she looked up and started to speak,

"it's beautif-"

"i know right! ok got to go bye!" kenzie ran out the door.

maddie cursed insults under her breath to her sister.

maddie was invited to the after party by an old friend. so she was going to be there aswell.

at 7pm johnny fixed his tie once again before knocking on nadia's door. soon it bursted open.

"hey john, kenzie will be here in a sec" annie said while quickly putting on her heels. johnny offered to drive the girls to prom.

johnny walked inside looking at the makeup scattered on the table, curling irons... mackenzie walked down the stairs carefully, johnny looked up at her and he was shocked. he and never seen anyone look so beautiful before. she was wearing a dark navy blue dress which matched his tie. it was cut into a deep v-neck and crosses at the back. it beautifully hugs her waists and flows until her mid thigh showing off her long tan legs.

she paired it with silver heels.

johnny still couldn't find the words to express how beautiful she looked.

"you- wow"

kenzie giggled, her cheeks turning red.

"come on lovebirds... we're gonna be late." annie calls out. they all pile into johnny's car. every now and then johnny glanced at mackenzie admiring how stunning she looked.

"damn kenz, you're so beautiful"

"you look handsome in that tux" kenzie said then laughed.

"wow, you're actually complimenting me?!"

nadia leaned forward and turned on the radio. the whole ride, they were bopping to songs.

😐