Chapter 2

Thursday at work went pretty well, I had to set up a new computer for the engineers so I had a chance to talk to Mikasa. She seemed shocked at first but managed to hold a straight face. She had mentioned that Eren wasn't too happy, almost as if he was pissed off. I also seemed to bowl pretty well that day, I thought with everything going on, it would throw me off.

It's now Saturday and I'm on my way to the hospital, I decided to bring a card game with me so dad and I won't get bored. I'm excited to see him, even after all we've been through.

I pulled into the parking lot and put my car in park. Maybe I should ask him why Storm's stuff was so neat by his food? I thought it's worth a shot. I entered the Hospital with the card game in hand, prepared to interrogate my father.

"Ah, Ms. Leonhardt, here to see your dad?" The receptionist asked me. She must have work on Tuesday when I came bursting through the doors.

"Yeah, I am," I replied.

"You can just head right on up." She smiled at me and this time I returned it.

I patiently waited for the elevator, whereas last time I was so frantic everyone must have thought I was crazy. When the elevator reached the main floor and nobody was inside, I stepped in and pressed the third floor.

When I finally reached his room, I softly knocked on the door. I heard some movement from inside then my father said: "Come in,". I slowly turn the door nob and enter the room.

"Annie, how are you doing?" My dad asked. I smiled at him and pulled up a nearby chair to sit down.

"I'm fine dad. How are you feeling?" I leaned on the side of the bed, giving him my full attention.

"Oh, I'm feeling much better than before, thank you." He gave me a warm smile, grabbing my hand.

"So I brought a-" I was cut off by my phone starting to ring. "Sorry Dad, I should take this." I got up and walked towards the door to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Annie, it's me, Mikasa. I was wondering if you're doing anything right now?" That's weird, Mikasa never calls me and the caller ID is Eren.

"I'm sorry, I'm seeing my Dad right now. Maybe later?"

"Yeah, sure, that works. where do you want to meet?"

"How about the coffee shop by the Prost bowling centre?"

"Yeah, that sounds good. See you then." Mikasa then hung up the call. That was weird. I thought.

"So what were you about to say?" My Dad asked.

"Right, I brought a card game for us to play." I pulled the deck of cards out of my pocket and started shuffling them. Maybe this is the time to ask about Storm's stuff? "So Dad, I picked up Storm and he seems to be enjoying himself." I tried to strike up the conversation.

"Well, that's good." We then fell into silence until he piped up. "Ann, can you take care of him for me? Now that I'm getting older, it's getting hard and harder to take of him." He said.

"Of course. I'll take good care of him." He gave me a soft smile. "I do have a question. When I went to pick up Storm, I noticed that all of his belongings were in one spot. Why?" His smile then dropped. I started to deal the cards out, setting it up for old maid.

"Well, I had all of his stuff together because I was going over to your place to ask you if you could take him. But then I got into the accident so it kind of worked out in the end." He picked up the cards and raised his eyebrow. "Wait, what card game are we playing?"