Part twenty five

Derek woke up a few days later back in his own bed. He looked around to see if there was anyone there but everyone was downstairs. He saw that there was an IV in his arm that was making sure Derek was still getting the nutrients he needed. He pulled the IV out,groaning as it hurt a little. He looked at his chest and saw that it was wrapped up in bandages because he hadn't fully healed yet.

He slowly got up, holding onto things because he didn't have much strength to keep himself standing. He carefully walked out of his room and walked to the top of the stairs. He stared down them, wondering how he was going to walk down them without falling. He decided he was just going to go for it and slowly made his way down the stairs. Once he got down the stairs, he slowly made his way into the lounge.

When the door to the lounge opened, Stiles, Cora and Erica looked at him and got up went to him quickly. "Oh my god. You're awake. Thank god." Cora said in relief. They helped Derek to the sofa. "Thanks guys." Derek smiled at them. Stiles sat close to  him. Derek smiled more and carefully wrapped an arm around him. Stiles smiled and moved closer to him.

"How long have I been asleep for??" Derek asked. "Uh, three days." Cora sighed. Derek nodded a little. "It was probably the worst three days of our life." Stiles mumbled. Derek looked at him and pulled him closer. "I'm here now though, don't worry." He smiled at Stiles. "What happened whilst I was asleep??"

"Uh, well my dad came to Beacon Hills to make sure everything was ok." Stiles said, burying his face into Derek's neck. "Don't forget, your dad stepped down as President as well." Cora stated. "He did What??" Derek was surprised.

"Yeah, he stepped down as President. He's chosen the Vice President to step in until the next elections. He wanted to come back here, closer to home, to keep me safe." Stiles mumbled. "Well, that's a good thing though, it means you can be closer to us." Derek smiled. "That's true." Stiles smiled.

Cora and Erica sat next to Stiles and Derek. "Anyway, how are you feeling Der??" Cora asked. "I'm  not feeling great but I'll get better. I need some proper food though. I'm hungry as hell." Derek grumbled a little. "We have some leftover pizza from last night if you want some." Erica smiled at him. "I don't care if the pizza is left over from a week ago, hand it over." Derek said happily. They all chuckled and Cora handed over a box of pizza.

Derek took it and started eating happily. He was starting to feel better now that he was with some of the people he loved and eating some food. He pulled Stiles closer and smiled at Cora and Erica, enjoying the calmness. He knew the calm would be over once the pack came over. He knew the pack would be coming over tomorrow, along with Deaton, to make sure he was ok. Deaton was also going to help Stiles with some magic stuff.

Derek looked around and smiled. He was glad he was alive. For the first time in a long time, he had found the true meaning of happiness. He was alive. He had his pack and his mate. He had his family. He couldn't ask for anything else. He was finally happy. He smiled happily.

Stiles looked at Derek and smiled. He was glad Derek was happy. He was even more glad he was alive. He wanted to stay in Derek's arms forever and never leave. He had finally got some friends that accepted him for who he was. He had a boyfriend who actually loved him and who would actually do anything for him. His dad was going to step down and move to Beacon Hills to be with his son. He was starting to get a normal life.

Everyone sat on the couch, eating more leftover pizza that they found and watched movies, not caring about anything else in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note

There you go guys, this is the end of the first one. I've decided I'm going to make this a series because I have more ideas on what to write. I hope you enjoyed book one to this. If you have any ideas on what you want me to include next, feel free to share your ideas.

Shakira x