Chapter One - The Mission

Chapter 1

"You're next goal will be to kill the Prince of Spain, Lex Alfonso. He is the one ordering submarines at America and is using unrestricted warfare" Captain Grey tells us. He then looked directly at me and said, "Cassie, this is your mission and you are leading it. I am sending a team of 4 with you. You need to make the Prince fall in love with you and when he trusts you enough set up a plan of attack." Grey looks back at us all and says, "Don't mess this up otherwise I will be forced to find new agents."

It wasn't always my plan to become a secret agent. I started at military school and the CIA recruited me to work overseas on secret investigations. I loved solving problems and had always had a love for adventure so when I learned that the CIA was recruiting me it was a dream. I never thought this would happen with all the bad luck in my life. I realized Grey was snapping at me for not paying attention.

"Hey Fox!" Grey snapped and I looked right at him. "You're flight leaves tomorrow night and don't be late" Grey said as he glared one last time at all of us before exiting the room. I looked around at everyone I was working with. I had worked with them all before at one point and knew all of them decently. I had been put together with Kelsey Barr, Ryan Hanson, Shannon Donald, and Anthony Rhodes. I looked at each one of them as I explained the plan of execution so they don't forget. "Remember to not give away your cover and kill instead of be killed" I said as a last retort before I left the room.

"Fox wait up!" I heard someone scream behind me. I turned around to see Anthony trying to get my attention. I knew Anthony better than anyone else on the mission. He was tall, probably six feet and a few inches, and had a nice body. I wondered what made him want to come into this industry because he could probably be a linebacker on a football team.

"Do you know anything about this Lex character?" Anthony asked me. I had heard that he was ruthless and only wanted more money and didn't care what measures he had to go to to get it.

"Just that he's an arrogant ass that only wants money. I will be surprised if he does fall into our plan. He always seems to be one step ahead of the game" I told Anthony. He seemed intrigued with the characteristics of Lex.

Here's the thing about Lex Alfonso, he may be an arrogant ass but he was smart. I had to give him credit for all the plans he has made and executed. Lex handpicks everyone that works for him and needs to trust them. I have a feeling deep down that he always has a back up plan in case one of his trusty members betrayed him. That's what scared me about this plan. It wasn't the fact that I could get him to trust me, it was the fact that once we attempted to kill him, he would have a back up plan and already be on the run before we even tried. Not only was he smart, he was handsome. I was surprised he wasn't married considering he was 29 and was attractive.

I headed home to my apartment to get ready for my big day tomorrow. I was almost never home because I was either at work or somewhere out of the country on a mission. I packed almost all my clothes since I didn't know if this mission would last for a few weeks or for a few months.

It was almost one o'clock in the morning when I finally drifted asleep scared for what was to come in the next mission.