Eleven - Sweet Melody

A/N ~ Okay patient fans, this chapter has been a long time coming. I thank you all for being so patient and hope you enjoy this chapter. It's quite long, so hopefully you're not too disappointed in me. Anyway vote/comment/fan and most of all enjoy!

Dedicated once again to the beautiful Amber, who has been nagging me for a very long time. She finally gets her wish! x 

Eleven – Sweet Melody

“Madeline are you sure?” I asked.

“I’ve seen this day coming Emalia,” she replied, still somewhat pale. “I know exactly what he looks like and I just saw him enter the castle.”

Without another word I raced to the door, leaving Madeline in Jensen and Leith’s capable hands. If Emrys was here in the castle I needed to find him and I could easily do that with the ability of seeing the path ahead that I had learnt from Madeline. Using this skill made things like this easy.

I reached the top of the stairs and collected my thoughts, allowing my mind to see the path that he’d taken from this point onwards. He had moved in the direction of Gaius’s quarters. Perhaps it was Gaius he was here to see.

I found myself in front of a familiar wooden door, which held the label ‘Court Physician.’ This was where Emrys was headed after all. I pressed my hands to the handle and slowly pushed the door open wide enough to see what was going on within the room.

“Hello?” he called, looking upwards.

Gaius was high above the room, amongst many old books. There wasn’t much room to move up there and upon hearing the boy’s words he turned abruptly and slipped, falling backwards onto the flimsy wooden railing which immediately collapsed. As he fell I watched as his bed moved from one side of the room to right under where he was falling under Emrys’ command, who did not utter a word. Gaius landed on the bed and opened his eyes in shock once he realised that he had not fallen onto the floor beneath him, but on the soft fabrics of his bed.

“What did you just do!?” he yelled at Emrys.

He began stammering, clearly trying to come up with a story as to how a bed had magically moved from one side of the room to another without uttering a single word. His skill was truly remarkable.

“You’re lucky no one saw that! Did you not see the execution?!” Gaius continued. “Magic is forbidden in this kingdom, it’s punishable by death.”

I pushed the door open completely, alerting them of my presence. Gaius did not look too worried at all when he saw who I was, but when Emrys turned and saw me standing there he looked done for.

He was a lot younger then I had expected and did not look at all too wise. He had dark brown hair, cropped around his face and ears, which stuck out quite obviously. I remembered the dragon telling me that Emrys did not yet know who he was and I could not barge in here and start telling him of what he was destined to do.

“Who are you?” Gaius asked, his attention still trained on the boy.

“I’m Merlin,” Emrys replied, suddenly rifling through his backpack. “Hunith’s son.”

He pulled out an envelope and handed it to Gaius, which somehow managed to turn his frown into a beaming smile. He pulled the boy into a hug and they began laughing together, clearly forgetting that I was even present.

After their cheerful greeting Merlin turned around and looked crushed, remembering that someone had seen his magic and with the way I was dressed, he probably assumed that he was in a lot of trouble.