Part 2

Kaitee's POV

"Should we go in?" Ava-Mae asked very concerned.
Silence. I looked around at everyone and noticed Braxton's face. He had tears in his eyes and could not stop staring at the broken window through the door. Braxton shoved his way through everyone and grabbed the door handle. I stop him from opening the door my putting mine on top of his. He looked at me and let a tear escape his eye.
"It's ok Braxton, we will find her....ok?" He nodded as I took my hand off of his. Braxton continued to open the door very cautiously. Everyone slowly stepped inside the torn apart room. Glass was everywhere! Clothes, bedding, curtains were shredded to pieces. I couldn't understand what just happened. Did the moon do this? I thought to myself. I kept trying to convince myself that this was all just a dream and we would wake up the next morning ready for another day of school. As I was running to the kitchen I let out a few tears. As I stabbed myself with a fork I let out this horrible scream. Evan came into my room very concerned and saw blood pouring out of my hand with a fork stuck in it.
"This is not a dream!" I managed to say in pain.
"Wh-why would you do that?" Evan asked as he looked into his bag for bandages.
I couldn't say anything. When Evan started wrap up my hand I started to cry. Not because of the pain, because we lost a friend from the stupid moon. I gathered myself back in one piece and joined everyone else sitting on Ashers broken bed.
"Are all of you guys doing ok?" I asked trying to hide my fear.
Silence. Asher checked the time on his phone and I saw his eyes get huge.
"What's wrong, Asher?" I asked walking over to him
"Mom and dad should be home by now! Where are they?!" He stood up and started pacing around the room. I waited for a minute before answering.
"I'm sure they are fine. Maybe they had to stay later to help with some things," I tried to keep a positive attitude but deep down inside I knew that something was wrong. They always come home on time. A big bang woke me up from my thoughts. I looked over and saw Evan nailing a piece of plywood over the broken window so we wouldn't look at the moon.
"Let's all just go to bed, wake up in the morning and the moon will be gone, the sun will be out, and we can find Braelynn!" Ava-Mae exclaims. We all quietly nodded thinking that is was a great idea because the moon only comes out at night...right? Well we were wrong.

Ava-Mae's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning and it saw bright in the house but, not as bright as it usually is when the sun is out. I went to check the time on the oven but it was blank. Same with the microwave. I flipped the light switch a couple times but the light wasn't working.
"The power is out, great," I mumbled.
"What did you say?" I heard a voice from the other room.
"I said the power was out,"
"Oh that's not good." Asher said walking down the hallway.
"Ohhh it's just you."
"Yup. I'm going to wake the others," he said walking away.
I shrugged my shoulders and went to the window to look outside.

Asher's P.O.V.

While waking up the others I hear 1 scream and then silence. I fell to the ground thinking of the way Braxton described how Braelynn acted when she looked the moon. I shook those thoughts out of my head thinking Ava-Mae wouldn't have looked at the moon. I finished waking everyone else up and ran to check on Ava-Mae. I saw her on the ground and the blinds were bent.
"EVAN!" I screamed loudly. Trying to hold back both tears and fear.
Evan cam stumbling out of Kaitee's bedroom.
"What do you want? You could have woken me up so much nicer you know," he said as he was still half asleep.
"Help! Ava-Mae looked at the moon," Evan rushed over with his bag and started giving orders and hoping if we do something differently maybe she won't go psycho like Braelynn did.

Kaitee's P.O.V.

Evan told me and Braxton to stay back in the room while they get everything situated and they'd call us out if they needed everything.
"Oh no," I kept whispering to myself.
"What's wrong?" Braxton replied.
"Well you see, Asher has had a crush on Ava-Mae ever since middle school. He wanted to tell her today but now she looked at the moon, and uhhh and I don't think our parents are coming back...." I said while panting and pacing around the room.
"Our parents aren't coming back!" I said again. I was very scared at this point. Asher is my big brother and hate to see him hurting inside.
"Kaitee, Braxton, you can come on out," Ashers shaky voice said.
"Is everything alright?" I blurted out.
"We hope everything will be ok this time," Evan explains.
"What will we do if we loose her like we lost my sister?" Braxton asked.
"I-I don't know," That was the first time Evan ever said he didn't know to a question.
They had Ava-Mae tied up to a chair. She was still passed out and we were all waiting when she woke up. 5 minutes have passed and she started moving her fingers. We all started at her and her eyes immediately sprung open. We all jumped back and some let out a scream. We looked at her and she wasn't fighting being tied down, she just sat there. Her eyes were different from Braelynn's. They were more of a grey than a black. She still looked like her sweet innocent self wither long red hair and tons of freckles. Asher went and untied her.
"Asher what are you doing!" Evan screamed trying to stop him.
"She-," Ava-Mae plowed over Asher and out the front door.
I ran over to Asher asking if he was ok. He nodded and got up, walked backwards, and closed to front door. Asher tried to keep a brave face on as best as he could. I tried comforting him but like his usual self he acts brave and acts like he can handle it himself when he mad. But I could tell that he wanted to be comforted inside. He lightly pushed my shoulder backwards so I would back away from him. The room went completely silent but all we could here was screaming outside from all the other people stupid enough to look at the moon. I could see Evan pacing back and fourth wanting to help the innocent people outside.
"Here Evan," I said handing some headphones to Evan.
"Thank you, I'm gonna need them," he said still worried about the people outside. Although, I couldn't plug the headphones into my phone to listen to music, those headphones still blocked out a ton of noise!
"Mom and dad aren't coming back, are they?" Asher said out of the middle of nowhere. I shook my head and sighed trying so hard to hold back my tears.
"We will find them along with our friends, o-ok?" I was trying to reassure him but nothing was working, nothing.
Ava-Mae was my best friend since childhood and it sucked not having her there so I could lock myself in a room with her, and cry into her shoulder. I looked around the room for someone to talk feelings with but, I didn't want to talk feelings with anyone else but her. I was about to cry and looked around for someone or something to bury my head into and let it out.
'My crush? No I can't do that he will think I'm weird! Ohh maybe Evan. No, definitely not. I've known him for about 3 years, not long enough to bury myself into his shoulder and cry. Asher. It has to be him he's my brother....right?'
All these thoughts were going through my mind but Asher was the only option. I ran up to him, gave him and long hug, and cried. I cried a lot actually. Probably just cried up a whole ocean. Every now and again he tried to push me off of him, but I wouldn't let go. Braxton waved at Evan and pointed down the hallway.
"Let's give them a minute," Braxton whispered.
"Thank you," I mouthed to him. He smiled and walked away. That was the first time Braxton has ever smiled at me. I felt so much better. Was that what I really needed? I felt so much more confident in finding my parents and my friends. I wanted to run out the door at that exact minute and find them all and hug them. But of course we needed a plan, but not just any plan, Evan's plan.