Chapter 1

The New Boy

I lay on the soft grass, looking up at the bright sun which shone through the spaces between the leaves of the tree. It was serene, peaceful. Far away from the city's noise. Free from the quick-paced life. I don't remember the last time I had taken a breathe of morning's fresh air. It was filled with the fragrance of the flowers I had kept beside me. But I was not here just to take a break and enjoy the scenery. Today was an important day- Jaemin's birthday. And we were supposed to be celebrating it here.

My thoughts were cut off by the beeping of my phone. A message popped up.

Ryujin: y/n!! Sorry but this kid Yuna overslept a little too much today so we'll be a little late. The boys will be there soon. When are you starting?

Y/N: I'm already here -.-

Ryujin: whattt?!? But you're like an hour earlier y/n! The boys must be there soon. Don't worry.

Right. The boys. The loudest boys I've ever met in my life. Jaemin's friends- Jeno, Renjun and Haechan. They're the epitome of chaos.

I put aside my phone and closed my eyes. A face flashed in front me. A very pretty face, with a wide beautiful smile. Sparkling bright eyes. My heart skipped a beat and a smile slipped my lips. And slowly I was taken back to where it all begun.

The first day of final year high school

Ryujin turned back from her seat and looked straight at me with dead tired eyes. "Was this the hundredth time we've heard today about how important this year is to us? I swear I'll kill someone if I hear it even one more time."

I laughed at her even though I was dying inside too, hearing the same thing again and again. Just one year to go and I'll be out of this hell hole, I thought.

"Guys! The principal's in the hallway. Stay quiet!" The monitor, Renjun who never usually says a word popped up out of nowhere in panic.

"Shoulder gangster Injunie~" Haechan's voice boomed from somewhere leaving the class in fits of laughter.

"Quieeettt!" He yelled, more like wailed because nobody ever listened to him.

"His voice is so amazing even when he's just shouting." Yuna drooled beside me and Ryujin and I laughed and pushed her in annoyance.

The principal, Mr. Park, entered and looked around the class which had gone into a complete silence in a split second. He smiled slightly and looked towards the door.

"Why is he smiling like that. it's scary." Yuna whispered beside me and I nudged her to keep her quiet.

Mr. Park held out his hand and nodded at the door, signalling for someone to come inside. And that's when he entered. A tall boy with big round eyes. A sharp chin. Fluffy hair of a light shade of brown,  slightly covering his forehead.
There were murmurs all around which was not a surprise at all.

"Wah. Look at him. He looks like a model from the front page of a magazine!" Yuna squealed. Ryujin and I gave each other a look telling we were not even surprised this girl was already staring at him with googly eyes.

"But what has gotten into Mr. Park. Since when did he start introducing new kids." Ryujin narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"I know right. He usually makes Mr. Shin do all that. This guy must be someone special then."Yuna said back.

They continued to whisper-talk but I was intent on listening to the new guy  who was introducing himself. He had a deep coarse but soothing voice that drew me in.

"Na Jaemin." My lips, on their own, repeated his name under my breathe and my eyes followed him while he walked to his seat right behind Jeno who greeted him excitedly. He set his grey Herschel bag around the chair and took out a book.

Suddenly he turned his head in my direction and as soon as our eyes met he smiled and winked.

"Dafuk?!?!" I jumped in my seat a little startled and turned away looking outside the window. My mind had gone completely blank and my cheeks were burning up out of embarrassment.

"Y/N! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!" Ryujin slammed on the desk gaining my attention.

"What?" I raised my brows.

"It's lunch. Let's go." Yuna and Ryujin walked out of the class and I rushed to catch up with them.

Outside the class, through the window pane something caught my eye. It was Jaemin, staring at me with his lips tugged up in a little smile. This time neither did I pull my gaze away nor did he.

So I just recently got into nct <3 and thought why not write a fanfic

So I just recently got into nct <3 and thought why not write a fanfic. I absolutely love the dreamies. I'm devastated that four of them will be graduating right when I began to stan. >_< Also stream BOOM y'all.