Chapter 3

Sunshowers

"The way you betrayed me y/n." Ryujin lazily pushed me sideways. "You should've at least told you were interested. I wouldn't have used you as the weapon then." She pouted.

"Well I wasn't going to... but come on you love dancing too. You know you're gonna have fun." I pushed her back just as lazily. "Don't blame it on me."

"I'll have to stay back after school ." Ryujin whined. "And half my lunch breaks..."

"Everybody has to and it's only for two weeks."

Ryujin continued whining and I, explaining her as we made our way to the dance room through the busy corridors packed with students leaving for home.

Yuna and Renjun were learning a choreography from Haechan. Jaemin was keeping his bag on the chairs in the corner of the room and Jeno was setting up the speaker.

"Okay so these are the songs that we chose. You're okay with these right?" Jeno showed us the playlist on his phone. Ryujin and I looked at it carefully before nodding. Jeno continued "And since you guys are here for the first time Jaemin and I will teach you, okay?"

Jaemin was wearing all black tshirt and sweatpants. To top it off, he was even wearing a cap.

"Yo you look like an idol." Jeno chuckled and  nobody else laughed but rolled their eyes at him.

He patted Jaemin's shoulder. "So now Jaemin..." Jeno's eyes wandered between me and Ryujin. Beside him, Jaemin was smiling at me making me wish for a second that Jeno pair him up with me.

I looked at Jeno with hopeful eyes which didn't help since Renjun butted in. "What are you thinking so much about? y/n obviously needs more help. You should teach her."

"Okay cool then." Jeno shrugged his shoulders and grabbed my arm taking me away to the other end of the room while I kept turning back to see Jaemin and Ryujin walk off to another.

As much as I tried to focus on what Jeno was showing my eyes trailed off to the other end. His perfectly timed moves, the smooth flow and the sharp cuts whenever needed.

"Ouch!" I fell down with a thud on colliding with Jeno.

"y/n, are you alright?" Jeno crouched down in front of me and the rest of them stood surrounding.

Once again, the guy who I was always looking at was the only one clear in my sight. A concern in his eyes and a hand holding out to me. Slowly, but with no hesitation my hand moved forward too finding place in his palm which pulled me up.

"I'll teach this one." He withdrew his hand from mine only to rest it on top of my head. The others just said 'okay' and went back to their practice.

Flashing a smile as usual, Jaemin nodded to where he and Ryujin were earlier practising and a smile started to form on my face too.

The music started off and so did our dance. I really didn't think I was that good of a dancer and dancing in front of Jaemin was starting to make me feel even more conscious. Even though the smile on his face never disappeared and even though he kept nodding at me in encouragement, somewhere he did notice my hesitation. He furrowed his brows a little and walked closer to me.

His lips tugged up to one side and he lifted up his hand, folding his fingers except the forefinger with which he pushed my forehead back. "Why are you standing like that?"

That's when I realised I was frozen like a statue.

"Loosen up a bit." He patted on both my shoulders making me freeze even more. He let out a sigh, releasing his hands and bending down a bit so that his eyes and mine were at the same level. "You're doing great y/n. Don't hold back. I can see you like dancing. So don't be scared of what others might tell. Just enjoy yourself. Hmm?" He raised his brows.