Chapter 2

Dance With Me?

Not much time had gone by since school begun and the annual dance competition had already been announced. Jeno was intent on making a group just because he lost last year.

The only tricky thing was that girls had to be included too and the ones that danced well, Yuna and Ryujin- had refused.

"If you want girls, dress up Renjun and Haechan as them. No one will even bat an eye." Ryujin gave an evil smile and high-fived Yuna, while the two boys just glared at her.

"But whyyy?" Jeno stamped his feet whining.

"Because that guy over there..." Ryujin pointed with a rolled book at Renjun "... is a little too bossy."

Renjun opened his mouth in protest but ended up saying he won't be. That didn't seem enough to convince her. She paused for a while and slowly turned to me. "We'll join if she does." She pointed her thumb at me and Yuna nodded in approval.

All the attention turned to me but everyone knew I had stage fear. Jeno looked at me for a while like he was analysing if I was worth the efforts.

"But she doesn't know how to dance." Haechan blurted.

"Then I won't." I shrugged.

"Are you an idiot?! We're supposed to convince her." The other two hushed and pushed around Haechan but the noise of them bickering slowly faded out as I saw him enter through the door. Jaemin, one hand in his pocket and one hand with which he pushed his hair back. His little smile growing wider into a full wholehearted one when he greeted others.

"y/n? Hello? Earth to y/n." Jeno waved his hand in front of my face. "What are you looking at?" He arched his one brow and turned his head around. "Oh Jaemin!" He raised his hand and looked at me from the side of his eyes. "Come here!"

This smart ass Jeno knew exactly what he was doing. I was too conscious to look at Jaemin now but I knew he was obviously coming this way and pretended to just stare into a distance.

"What's up?" My ears twitched as I heard his voice.

"We have to convince y/n here to join our dance team." Jeno replied but I continued to act like I didn't hear that. Wait. Did he say 'our'?

"y/n" Jeno tapped my shoulder.

"Hmm?" I turned my head only slightly to give him the idea that I was not interested and trying to avoid any possible eye contact with Jaemin.

"Jaemin's there too. Now you'll join right?" I could see Jeno smirk as my cheeks almost flushed red.

"Why would-"

"Lee y/n!" A shout from the door startled everyone. Everybody scattered back to their places after seeing a fuming Mr. Shin glaring at me for reasons only he knew.

"Y-yes Mr. Shin?" I wobbled standing up.

"Come to my office. Now!" I flinched as he slammed on the teacher's desk and quietly followed him.

He spun around on his chair, clasping his hands and tapping his index fingers against one another.

He stared at me for a moment before typing on his phone and pushing it towards me. I hesitantly took it from him and looked at a video playing. It was in black and white but clear enough.