It's a Date

August 20, 2019

Amelia liked things her way. She didn't like mess, she liked to be organized and clean, and she especially didn't like when people told her to do things.

Sitting in her college library, Amelia tried to focused on her homework. She always tried her best to stay ahead if she could. Procrastination was not Amelia's thing.

But today Amelia couldn't focus. She was too nervous. Because later tonight she was going on a date. Or at least Amelia thought it was a date. She still wasn't quite sure.

Amelia thought back to her interaction with Jacob yesterday after class.

Class was over and everyone was gathering their things. Amelia took her time putting away her papers and laptop in her backpack before leaving. Again, she liked things to be organized.

But before she could leave Jacob stopped her.

"Hey Amelia, how are you doing?"

Amelia was startled. She knew Jacob, he was quite popular at their small college, but she didn't know that he knew her.

"I'm good, how about you?"

"Good, good. I'm kind of struggling in this class and was talking to Professor Howard and he thought that maybe you could help me."

"Like tutor you?" Amelia was having a bit of a hard time keeping up. It felt like too many things were coming at her.

"Yeah, I guess that's what you could call it." Jacob runs a hand through his hair blushing. "Sorry, this is really sudden. You probably don't have time, you must be really busy. Midterms are coming up. I understand."

"Woah, hold your horses. I never said I wouldn't help you. I just wanted some clarifications" This made Jacob brighten. "Now, when were you wanting to study."

"Would you like to grab dinner tomorrow at the cafeteria and then come over here to study. I reserve a study room."

"Oh, sure. My last class ends at three so I'm free whenever."

"Sweet, I'll meet you outside the cafeteria at five tomorrow, sound good?"

Amelia nod my head and smile softly at him.

"Cool, it's a date!" He said before rushing out of the room.

Amelia stood frozen for a moment before coming to her senses and leaving the class.

The words "it's a date" dance around in her head as she sat at the library table. She looked down at her watch.

4:45

Fifteen minutes before she needed to meet Jacob. Amelia's stomach turned and she felt a bit nauseous.

She would be fine. She'd been on dates before. Granted, Amelia hadn't been on a date since high school, but things couldn't of changed that much.

But then again, Amelia didn't even know if this was a date. It could just be Jacob and her studying. No romance, just macroeconomics.

But what if it was a date?

She groaned and laid her head on the table. Amelia was not cut out for this kind of anxiety.

Everything was going to be okay. She was going to go to dinner with Jacob, act cool and collected, not like a lovesick schoolgirl. And then they would come to the library and she would help him understand the homework. That was all, she didn't need to focus on anything else.

She looked down at her watch again.

4:48.

She groaned once again as her stomach continued to do backflips. 

Word count: 555