1| New Beginnings

Clare

When I step into school as a senior, I feel crushing nostalgia. This is my last year in this school and I have infinite memories of this place. It feels funnily odd to think that in a year I won't have to wake up at 6 A.M. anymore and think about going to school. There will be a whole new routine, in university or whatever happens. I take a deep breath and remind myself, to have a new routine you need to clear this year first, Clare!

Yeah yeah, I'll get through. 
I comfort myself in vain, my nerves are tingling with anxiety already. To avoid uncomfortable thoughts I turn around and wait for the one person who will push these thoughts away fully and get me feeling just how I should be for my first day as a senior. 

After going through my phone 10 times and pretending that someone's texting me, I let out a breath from between my teeth and look up to see if she's here yet. That's when I see her confident self walking towards me. 

She's wearing a red silk top and black leather skirt with black boots, her silky light brown hair bounces as she walks, and she's clearly done an excellent job at putting on the slightest makeup to accentuate her green eyes that fully gleam with excitement. Her joy is contagious. Seeing my best friend gives me the one final push I needed to mentally prepare myself for this year and leave all my panic and anxiety behind. So I finally find the strength to breathe and give her my widest smile ever.

When she's close enough she lets out the most high-pitched excited squeal ever and opens her arms as she jogs towards me to envelop me in a tight hug. I'm smiling from ear to ear as I hug her, probably looking like a fool. The exact opposite of how she's looking right now. 

"Good Lord, Clare!" she eyes my outfit with judgy eyes when we finish with our hugs and giggles. "You're wearing a pair of black jeans and a lavender-colored shirt for your first day of senior year? And that too with SPORTS SHOES?!"

I'm low maintenance, in fact, this is the fanciest top I've worn to school. The black jeans are obviously a constant. Maddy knows that but she has got to be extra she simply rolls her eyes and gives me a sour look.

"Maddy, please don't get started with this first thing in the morning. I'm way too anxious already." I complain even though I'm a hundred percent sure she knows I'm making excuses for what's about to come.

"Okay! Fine. But we're going out today Fichser is throwing the 'Senior-Bash'." She emphasizes using her two fingers, "And we're getting ready together!" She adds before I can argue at all.

To be very honest, I didn't think Maddy would be okay with me not changing. But she is! I couldn't be more relieved- that means she does like my outfit. But before I can ask her a question, she takes my hand and looks up at me, "Ready?" Suddenly I realize we're finally entering our last academic year in school together and I feel a mix of emotions. Maddy squeezes my hand to reassure me about this year and I let out an affirmative breath. 

"Hell yes, I am!"  We enter the building hand in hand excited for the endless possibilities that lay ahead of us.  

***

Author's Note:
If you guys like the chapter: VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!! 

You can vote by clicking at the star on the bottom of your screen if you're on a phone or if you're on a laptop you can click on the star on the right of your screen.

Happy reading lovlies. <3
G