Chapter 8

Amy and Wisey decided to go to the park for some answers. They sat looking at the far river in front of them;
Wisey suddenly saw a fly and he ate it, because after all he was a monster and that food was normal for him. Amy watched in disbelief and mumbled: "eww that's disgusting" "But I can imagine all the things you ate in that river..."
Wisey replied: "not that much, but frogs were my favorite food. Now flies are like cookies for me."
Amy just kept watching the scene saying: "yeah okay keep going I'll watch you it's- interesting.  Uhh why are u like invisible now?"
"because I don't want to be seen while catching my flies. You have to be slow and fast at the same time." Wisey explained quietly.

Amy spoke some seconds after saying "wow cool I wanna be invisible too.."
"why? You don't eat flies right? OR DO YOU!?"
"No, Wisey" *smiles* "it's just that I don't actually like to be seen by people, just this."
*charlie saw her and decides to surprise her*

Charlie suddenly asked with a joking tone "who doesn't like to be seen by people huh?!"
*amy turns instantly and Wisey becomes invisible*
"oh my god you gotta stop with these creepy stuff" Amy said with a loud voice.
*charlie laughs*
"sorry hahaha but... who were you talking to?"
"Uh...just to myself. It's just that I don't like people, I feel weird around them. So maybe alone is better."
Charlie then expressed his current thoughts saying: "I mean, maybe they are different, and you're like special."
But Amy ruins the mood:
"special is a synonymous of weird anyways isn't it?" *smiles*
Charlie: "hahahaha wo wo you gotta start being more positive in the first place. Forget about bad things.
You know i feel like that too sometimes..."
So Amy unbelievably asked: "wait, don't tell me you don't have any friends?"

"no, of course not. I have my skate... and now Jake, he's great. It was cool to meet him actually"

"yay I did something good then hahah..
Oh wait I don't see any guards near the river and any elicopter anymore. Oh maybe I just can't see them. I gotta find out what's happening."
Charlie tried to comfort her: "l mean look at you. You do a lot of things. You always find the right thing to do and you always wanna discover something new. You're amazing Amy."
Amy: "oh wow nobody ever told me that. Thanks I guess!?"
Charlie: "yeah same..."
Amy: "really?"
Charlie: "my skate is not able to talk, my dad probably hates me, we always fight. My mom is always busy, all she does is calling me ^honey^ . I just want someone who really cares about me, I mean someone I can talk to."
Amy: "you know what Charlie? You have another friend now. Me."
Charlie changed his sad lip curves into a smile saying: "thank you very much Amy. You're a real one"
Amy: "and that's what friends does. Help each other.
Now I gotta go home or my mom will close me in a jail."

*Jake was walking home after he went to the supermarket, but he unfortunately ran into Kenzie (her ex) with some friends*
Kenzie: "hey fat loser how's ur fat day going?"

Jake just wanted to walk away but Kenzie said smirking: "look girls, now he doesn't even talk anymore."
Jake: "Kenzie leave me alone."
Kenzie: "just shut up. You're a piece of trash. You don't have sense here. You're just a little asshole who dumped me without any reason. And you know what I don't care anymore, cause I'm way better than you."
Jake: "Kenzie what the heck is wrong with you I literally dated you. Stop."
Kenzie: "don't even say it. I hate you we all hate you. Nobody wants a piece of trash right girls?"
*girls in chorus: "piece of trash! Piece of trash!"*
Jake: "stop it! stop it! What the hell did i do to deserve this?!"
and while pronouncing those words he started crying and running as fast as he could.

Charlie was walking home too, and their ways suddenly met.
Charlie saw a crying mess in front of him and exclaimed: "woo calm down Jake what happened are you okay?"
Jake: "oh C-Charlie. I just can't anymore. I don't know."
Charlie: "come on. Sit."
so the two figured out they were close to the Myers' house and once they arrived they sat outside their house.

While the Myers sisters were at home, James called them on the phone breathing heavily because of the run: "hey girls, I walked near the river just to check out how the things were going and guess what? There's no guards, no boats, no policemen, anyone anymore. I ran all around the river. How's this possible?"

Amy was the first to speak: "so I was right! I looked from the park this morning and I saw no one was there too!"
James: "maybe they just gave up?"
Amy: "nah too easy don't you think? And what if they're doing something while hiding from us?"

Stacey was worried. She suddenly regrets all she said to her mom Claire the day before:
"I think we should go there. Like right now."
James:"okay i'm already here. I'm waiting for you."

~~~~~~~~outside~~~~~~~~~~~

In the meanwhile Jake was explaining to Charlie the weird situation:
"So basically I dated this girl. This terrible girl. But she wasn't like that when I dated her. But after I left her she started to become a snake, and she started kicking my ass and calling me piece of trash, loser, asshole... I can't handle all of it, cause she's not even alone; she always brings that stupid group of annoying friends"
Then Charlie, a little big shook asked:
"you've been the one to dump her ass?"
Jake: "uh yeah, because I felt like I didn't have that feeling that you have when you're actually in love, you know... I didn't. I wasn't myself with her. I was kinda uncomfortable..."
Charlie: "oh I understand... I don't wanna sound too cheesy but pretend like she doesn't exist, like she's just past and you have to get through it. And I know it's hard at first but then you'll be fine. Just think about the people that really make you happy and yourself and erase bad people. Trust me. You'll be fine. Don't mind her. Just don't. Please"
Jake: "t-thank you charlie. Just thank you I already feel better. You're amazing!"
Charlie opened his mouth in shook because it was the first time someone said that to him. It was just like he did to Amy, but this time someone was really saying that about him and to him. Charlie then smiles for a long minute or even more:
"no problem! That's what friends does, help each other."
*they both smile*
"yeah" answered Jake while wiping his tears.

Charlie opened his arms for a hug, and when they hugged, Jake felt different, LOVED, and he was also confused, he just thought he felt that feeling, the same feeling he felt when they were skating, but this time it was bigger, and his heart started to beat faster.

Amy and Stacey went outside their house, because their mother Lena was luckily at work, and they saw the two hugging.
Stacey exclaimed:
"Oh Jake you're here! Come on let's go. It's important. And hi jake's new friend. Wow why does it sound weird to say"
"Charlie. I'm Charlie."
said Charlie while standing up following Jake.
"if its not a problem, can I come with you guys?"

Jake didn't know what to say and he wanted to be soft and kind when he was around, so he randomly said: "yeah..sure!"
And the four of them ran all the way to the river.