𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

CASPER JONAS MCFADDEN FELT unbelievably cold and numb — two feelings that had only grown over course of the two decades since Kat had left and unable to feel nothing much else

CASPER JONAS MCFADDEN FELT unbelievably cold and numb — two feelings that had only grown over course of the two decades since Kat had left and unable to feel nothing much else. Casper didn't know whether to look at it as a curse or a miracle seeing as the thought of her only brought agony. There was a hint of relief knowing that Casper's three rather nasty uncles had left to go some ridiculous party out of town. It was a rare moment for Casper to be alone and Casper attempted to cheer himself by flickering through the television, hoping to watch something interesting.

Casper tried to push his memories aside enough to not cause him any emotional pain but his memories were close enough to remember — not to that far gone to completely forget. Unable to completely control himself to stop as he gave in and finally letting himself replay his last memory of Kat which sadly wasn't a very good one.

Unable to stop the inevitable, Casper tried to control his desperate pleas as Doctor Harvey waited by the entrance rather pained as he watched his beloved daughter say goodbye to her best and dearest friend she had ever had, but sometimes Doctor Harvey seemed convinced that it was much more. Although Casper knew that he could no longer cry as he was no longer alive or produce tears as he was now a ghost and had been for an extremely long time, broken sobs began to rapture through him.

Kat tried her best to smile but it faltered into a weak upturn of her pretty rosy lips and as Kat began to cry, Casper knew she had never looked so beautiful. "Casper don't," Katherine Harvey warned and there were traces of the girl Casper met years ago despite the fact she was a young woman of eighteen and no longer believed in childish things. "D-Don't go please," Casper pleaded and for a moment Kat's chocolate brown eyes softened for a flicker of a moment as if she wasn't going to move.

Kat clutched her bag tighter and her hand glitching the bag went an unnatural shade of white, her lip trembled as she looked around Whipstaff seeming to soak in the place for the last time — the large open space, the staircase... Kat closed her brown eyes inhaling sharply and her styled straight brown hair seemed to shake, "It's for the best Casper. I can't stay here forever you know that. I have to live — you said so yourself... It's what you wanted isn't it?"

Casper's ocean blue eyes seemed to show much raw emotion, Kat nearly lost herself and remembered when she and Casper had danced in this very spot what seemed so many Halloween's ago — most of all, it seemed like the boy, Casper alive and real was there pleading of a possibility. A possibility that was no longer there, vanished forever. Instead, Kat found herself muttering one last line and held out a pinky, "Remember me, Casper, remember me as the thirteen-year-old at the Halloween dance with you—,"

Casper found himself shaking uncontrollably ignoring the upsetting end of the memory but he realised after not thinking about it in so long he had managed to forget the ending but in his heart, he remembered how horrible it was and how it still scared him. Casper found as he rested his head in his ghostly, translucent white see-through hands that he was haunted by the ghost in his memories of the girl he once and still loved to this very day — Kat. Casper let himself feel numb, he let himself sink away, losing the depth of his conflicted feelings.

That was until the front door by the main entrance opened. Casper tried to think nothing of it, but no one had opened that door in twenty years and for a moment Casper hoped it was Kat, but yet again as it always was before probably some kids dared to wander into the Manor.

Hovering Casper floated towards (numerous through walls) the main entrance where he noticed the scene of two moral humans walked through and into the large space and by the boxes in their arms Casper knew they were doing more than just a visit. It was then and unexpectedly that Casper saw her from his hiding spot behind a very large vase — a mortal teenager no older than fourteen or fifteen with soft brown locks, radiant green eyes, a lean build, dressed for comfort and not style... Casper found himself examining this girl, looking for something he didn't know and couldn't find.

Casper felt the air in his hollow and non-existent lungs come to a halt as the girl spoke in a rather surprised tone as she looked around the place in awe, "It's rather surprisingly and unexpectedly beautiful." The older woman, clearly related to the girl smiled and tried to not laugh. Casper tried not to snicker was she expecting a dump? Whipstaff Manor was his home and he had lived here in both his life and afterlife.

The older woman clicked her fingers in the teenage girl's face disrupting her from her daydream, "Power first look later." The light greying haired woman smiled as she hooked her arm in the girl's arm — Casper tried not to laugh and expose himself to this woman and teenage girl as they knew that wherever the older woman was leading the girl was the wrong direction as the power was not that way. Casper felt his ocean blue eyes widen at the feeling, his eyes the only part of him that he had still had in his afterlife as he did when he was human and stopped himself from smiling for the first time in a long time as he tried to ignore the sudden feeling he couldn't exactly seem to place. Which was in fact as Casper recognised minutes later was undoubtedly and truthfully — hope.

EDITED: 22/08/2019