fear (7)

Zak didn't come to school that day.

Vincent stared up and down at the older boy, noticing the worry that appeared in his eyes. He felt for the boy. He hated how much the football fuck had toyed with his friend's mind.
He missed the Darryl that would skip to his table and blabbered on about how the school needs to bring back Cheese Fri-days.
"So.. how was English?" Vincent asked, noticing Darryl's slight flinch. Darryl quickly loosened. "I hate it" he groaned "Miss Cuthbert didn't have anyone to yell at because he wasn't here today, so she decided to take it out on me" Darryl complained, stuffing his muffin in his mouth.  Vincent sighed,  "You seem really on edge today. Shouldn't you be happy he isn't here?"

Darryl paused

He knew he should be happy to have a day off, away from the torment. However, the absence of what used to be a routine was starting to play games with him. Even when he knew Zak was absent, Darryl still flinched every time he walked around a corner, expecting the younger male to appear at any moment. It was stupid, really. No matter how many times Darryl told himself he was safe for the day, the paranoia stuck with him. It felt worse than having the bully attack him.

"I just think I'm so used to it, it's scarier without him here." Darryl mumbled, pinching the skin on his wrist slightly. Vincent hummed in agreement, taking a bite out of his burger. "I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." Darryl exclaimed, standing up.

And there he was, sitting on the toilet seat, with his head in his hands, crying silently. He doesn't want to say he misses the boy. He also doesn't want to say he misses being battered and sworn at.  Grabbing his phone out of his pocket, he shakily opened up his messages.

————————————————————————
Baddie 🥵🥵
Skeppy
Skepy pleaae
I need somefone to talkd to

Skep 🙄
Bad?
why're you typing like me lol

Baddie 🥵🥵
Not funnye
Hard to typr
Weet screben

Skep 🙄
Bad are you crying?

Baddie 🥵🥵
just a litlte bit

Incoming call: Skep 🙄
ACCEPT          DECLINE

Baddie 🥵🥵
in schfool
cant

Skep 🙄
Okay
let's just talk about it :-)

————————————————————————
hi all uwu
bye all uwu