darkness (12)

Zak's POV

tw:// nightmares, mentions of abuse, hints of mental illness

I felt nothing.
The darkness sunk in around me, the blackest of black consuming my inner thoughts. What once were my problems now one with the endless void. The emptiness consuming my brain little by little, replacing every emotion with the still, numb feeling of death.

Static and screams played in my ears, dancing around like school children. All I did was stare. Stare at nothing. Stare at the void that was my happy place. The endless plain of being, that arose from my own suffering and self hatred.

Insults. Yelling. Shattering. Dripping.

I felt myself fall onto all fours. The darkness consuming my brittle fingers. Wrapping around each finger delicately. Pulling me further into the state of being that I gave up on fixing long ago. The black latching onto me like a parasite, absorbing all of the energy i had left. Draining me of all self worth and love.

Arguing. Slapping. Sirens. Dripping.

The black wrapping around my stomach, churning it inwards. Feeling tears prick up into the corners of my eyes. Intestines squeezing together as the void pulled me in tighter. Sobs escaping my mouth violently, with the force of a person vomiting out all of their sorrows.

Beeping. Crying. Crowding. Dripping

I felt myself rip out of the darkness. Running. Running from where I was once captive. From where I was once trapped. From where I was forced. Abused. However, the emptiness is inescapable. And the pitch black will be forever closing.

Drip
Drip
Drip

The walls, closing in on me. Static grew louder, drowning out the screams emitting from my mouth. The void, which was once endless, now transformed into a box. An inescapable box. Letting out a pained sob, I threw my fists at the walls begging to be let outs. But it was all in vain. As nobody could hear me, as long as I'm trapped in this prison.