Chapter 2

~Isabella's POV~

Zach Herron was calling. We haven't talked in a while and quite frankly I really don't want to talk to him. So, I declined the call and went to work. I have no idea why he was calling or what he wanted but I'll figure it out later. I finally got to work and went to my desk.

I work as a secretary at a fashion design place. I always wanted to do 3 things when I was younger. 1. Run my own company/ business, 2. Become a singer/songwriter and 3. Work as a professional fashion designer.

I always focus on one thing and that thing is fashion design. I took classes a few years ago and one thing led to another I got this job. But there's a downfall to this job and that is, I don't get payed enough. That's why I work late.

Don't get me wrong I love my job but I just wish I could put my design skills to use. Anyways, I got ready for a meeting that's in about 2 minutes. I quickly grabbed what I needed and rushed into the room. I saw that not everyone was there so I went in and sat down at my seat.

Soon after the meeting finally started and I was just taking down notes. Our company was going down and we need to come up with ideas to make it popular again. We usually design clothes for adults and not teens or young adults. Wait... that's it, we design clothes for teens/young adults. I quickly spoke up.

Isabella: Um we can do like a teen/young adult clothing line. I mean we are loosing customers and they are mostly teens so—
Walter: And who are you again?
Isabella: Oh I'm just the assistant but—
Hailey: Aren't assistances supposed to be like.. getting coffee or something?
Isabella: Aren't you supposed to be like smart or something?
Jacob: (laughs) Damn she got you good.
Valerie: Shut up.
Brandon: Aww come on Valerie, your just mad that an assistant has a better idea than you do.
Walter: Enough all of you. What's your name?
Isabella: Me? Oh um I'm Isabella.
Walter: Well Isabella. You've been promoted. Come up with 6 teen/young adult designs by the end of the week and you'll be working with Brandon as a full time designer.
Isabella: Really? Wow um I won't let you down.
Walter: Don't make me regret it.

~ After Meeting~

I was so excited. I finally get to design and not do any assisting. I had a lunch break so I called Mia and asked to meet up for lunch. We agreed on a restaurant we used to go to when we were younger.

I packed my stuff and headed towards the restaurant. On the way to the restaurant, I got another call. Since I'm walking, I went to check it. It was Zach...again. I sighed and ignored it. I should really tell Mia about this. After awhile I arrived at the restaurant.

I saw Mia already at a table so I went up to her and hugged her

I saw Mia already at a table so I went up to her and hugged her. We sat down and started talking.

Mia: Long time no see. How've you been?
Isabella: I've been good. Just trying to keep a roof over 3 heads so..
Mia: You know there's a thing called asking for help? And yet you haven't asked for any.
Isabella: Because I'm not a sad little girl anymore. I've grown and I have children to take care of. Their like Noel but there's 2 of them.
Mia: That sounds like a wonderful time.
Isabella: I guess. Anyways, I have something to tell you.
Mia: Ok shoot.
Isabella: Well uh Zach keeps calling me. And I don't know what to do.
Mia: Oh wow. Ok, well I'll talk to him for you. See what's going through his head.
Isabella: Would you please? I really just want the whole drama gone. Um also I've been wondering. How's Colby doing?
Mia: Why?
Isabella: I just haven't heard from him in a while so I was just wondering.
Mia: He's fine. Still traveling I believe. I'll tell him you said hi.
Isabella: You don't have to but thanks.

After that we just kept talk about random things until Mia had to go. Something with her a football game. Anyways, I'm back at the office and start brainstorming ideas. It took about 5 hours just to brainstorm and sketch a little bit. This was harder than I thought.

I texted Mia and told her that I want to meet everyone in a couple days and have my kids meet hers. She said she would make it happen. Also I need her help with these designs. After another 2 hours I realize that it's late and I pack up my stuff and head home.

I wonder what's going to happen at the get together. I haven't seen any of them since Mia's twins were 2. Let's hope it won't be a disaster.

~ Authors Note~

Hoped you all enjoyed. Chapters might publish slowly. Sorry.