Chapter 2- Staten Island

Vanessa P. O. V
The next day...
Today we're on our way to Staten Island. He lives in Staten Island and I live in Manhattan.

After last night, I wasn't sure if we were just friends or more. All I knew that was the best kiss I've ever had and that it meant a lot to me.

Michael's mom was driving and thank God. Its kinda scary when Michael drives no cap. I laughed out loud at that thought and his mom looked at me and laughed herself. Michael was sleeping in my lap. I rolled my eyes at that normally I'm him and he's me in this situation but how could I wake up such a peaceful looking human being sleeping in my lap because I wanted to sleep in their lap? That's selfish.

My little sister is in the front with Michael's mom (Shauna). I made her come with me because I didn't want to left her home alone.

Michael began to stirred in his sleep indicating he was about to wake up. She first thing he did when he opened his eyes was to smile at me.

I smiled back sheepishly. He made me nervous even now.

"We close yet?" He asked and his mom answered no.

"Aw man." He responded rubbing his eyes.

"Now that you up I can go to sleep." I said then resting my head in his lap. He chuckled and I pinched his leg.

"Ouch! Why?" I laughed and closed my eyes letting sleep engulfed me.

-
"Babe wake up! Nessa!" Someone said while kissing my cheek repeatedly. I opened my eyes and it was Michael. I looked outside and saw we were in front of his mom house and not his house. He lived right beside her in a house by himself, he wanted his own space and shid.

We got out and head inside where his father and his cousins were sitting on the couch watching some kind of sport. Men.

I wanted to ask why he called me babe earlier but I'll just wait until we go over his house later on.

I helped his mom cook while he joined his dad and his cousins. Val was on facetime with her friends from school.

"Michael told me y'all kissed." Shauna said and my cheeks went red. I am brown skin but I'm light skin in my face if that makes sense. Weird.

"How was it girll?" She fangirl like a teenager I had to laugh.

"It was mind blowing and I'm not saying that because he's your son. It was for real." I said smiling it was playing all over again in my mind.

She squealed excitedly.

"Michael been wanting to take what you guys got together to ano-"

"Ma! What you doing?" Michael said squinting his eyes at her. I guess he didn't want me to know wassup.

"Just talking with my daughter-in-law, problem?" She said raising her brow at him.

"Oh. Don't talk too much." He warned her then he head back to the living room.

She shook her head smiling.

"As I was saying hun, he been wanting to take y'all friendship to another lev-"

"Maaaa!" Michael yelled barging into the kitchen.

I busted out laughing at his silliness.

"Michael Rainey Jr. if you cut me off one more time, you will catch these hands. I promise you that." Michael threw his hands up in defense.

"Nessa come with me." He said turning to me with his hand out for me to take.

"No I wanna hear what your mom has to say. Bye." I said and he groans. Me and his mom laughed at his ego pain.