Prologue

Prologue

addict
/ˈadɪkt/
noun
noun: addict; plural noun: addicts
a person who is addicted to a particular substance, typically an illegal drug

If you were to look up addict in a dictionary or on Wikipedia, this is probably something along the lines of what you would find.

And I, as an addict, can say that this description is true to a certain point. I am addicted to drugs. I know that. And even if many of you are going to hate me for saying this, I'm fine with it.

I'm an egoist. I know that, too because I'm fully aware of the fact that drugs screw up families, destroy lifes and fuck up tons of otherwise fine functioning brains. The thing is, I don't really care.

Or at least, I didn't.

Until I met Jules. She just stepped into my life one day, blue hair flowing, glitter in her face and eyes a blue as the ocean, acting as if she had no idea how amazing she was. And believe me I know that sounds fucking sappy. 

But that's when I learned that I was probably just a Person with huge addictive potential. Because drugs are not the only thing in this world that can make you an addict.

If you search the web some more, you might find the informal description of the word, too, and then it even makes sense.

informal
an enthusiastic devotee of a specified thing or activity.

Let's just say that I started to become an enthusiastic devotee of a specified thing, besides drugs, and that thing was a human. And that human was Jules.

But it's hard the be addicted to something that has their own will and by that I don't mean that I don't want Jules to think for herself, I'm just saying it's hard. Harder than just being addicted to drugs.

I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that there are some people in this world who are addicts and some who are addictive.

And that's not always fair.

Thank you for reading!

The following Chapters will be longer!

I'm always happy about feedback and/or critique!