Introduction

---

Have you missed me? If so, you might be pleased to know that I've got another rather long story to tell you today.

It sure has been a while since the entire group of ten has taken a "big" expedition together. In fact, it's been over a year at this point since their endeavors with the human trafficking center. Since then, they've had to deal with crazy relationships, evil grandmothers, insane escaped convicts, and (of all things), Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. Oh, not to mention some of them did deal with an insane evil genius, but that's already a story in it of itself, so we'll put that aside for now.

Now, it's time to move on to the next stage of their lives. They've all started the transition from middle school to high school, and things are once again about to change. In addition to the obvious changes in schedule, academic focus, and environment, their group dynamic is about to go through a major overhaul once more.

The illuminati has returned after a long absence, and they're hungry for revenge this time.

It's time to put the teamwork skills and relationships of these ten teenagers to the ultimate test in what might be their most important mission yet.

And from this point forward, things will be much different as more and more changes happen left and right.

So now, sit back, get that playlist going, and enjoy the show.

(DISCLAIMER NOTICE: For this revision of The Ultimate Rescue, you are going to notice many similarities between this and the plot progression of the "Weirdmageddon" arc from Gravity Falls, including many references and nods to that portion of the show. While I am doing the best I can to not make it seem like a complete rip-off, all credit for the ideas goes to Alex Hirsch and the masterminds behind Gravity Falls. Consider it a "tribute" to the series, if you must.)