4. Phone call

Taehyung's POV:

I thought about what that girl said. So I decided to check for the complaints of missing cases. It's been hours but I found nothing about it. Of course everyone is afraid of Seongcho. Doesn't mean that they didn't take a complaint of a missing case because they don't know if the kidnapper is Seongcho himself.

Maybe I was wrong. There maybe informers of him among us, ourselves. I need to find out.

An officer walked in while I was in deep thoughts. He asked,

"What are you searching for, Sir?"

"Uh? Oh yeah I'm searching for a missing case file. Where is it?"

"Missing case files are in that shelf, sir." He said pointing to the shelf behind me. "Oh, thanks"

"It's okay but which missing case is it? A recent one?"

"No, it was on pending for a year now"

"Oh? Then who's gone missing? Any details, sir?"

"Not really. It's someone that my... friend knows very well and there are rumors that he gone missing because of Seongcho."

"What?!"

"Yeah..."

I saw him getting all sweaty all of a sudden. I think he is afraid of Seongcho as well.

"Sir you're new to this job and you're already getting involved with Seongcho's case? You'll be suspended or transferred to a new place if you do this."

I giggled and said, "Isn't it common for us? You're afraid of Seongcho? How did you became a police officer if you're afraid of gangsters and mafia?"

He is about to say something but my phone started ringing in my pocket. I excused myself from him and left the room to attend the call. I never thought I will have to take a call like this and leave the station to go home. I again had to have a fight with my parents. Oh god! This is frustrating.