Now that, I believe.

"Hey buddy how was school?" Rio asks his son who was getting in the car and putting his seatbelt on.

"It was pretty good!" The boys dimples showed with his cute little smile. "I found out what Jane's last name is!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah it's Boland." And the world kind of slowed down for Rio. Right in that moment as he was leaving the roundabout of his son's school. "And guess what daddy? Her mom is a teacher too!" That is enough confirmation for Rio. It's also enough proof from God that she isn't someone he should just ignore.

"You know what mijo?" Rio looks at his son's face from the rearview mirror.
"I might just know who she is too."

"Really?!" Marcus shrieks, claps, and kicks his legs in excitement. "So, can we have a play date please? Please daddy please!" Marcus' unnecessary pleads warmed Rio's heart. His still fast beating heart. He cannot believe this is some kind of coincidence. The world can't be so cruel.

"I'll talk to her." Rio makes no promises because he knows she will think the play date is an excuse to see her. In part it is. However, he could never resist his son's excitement for having a friend over. He loves that Marcus still feels at home in a strange place.

The next day, Rio is walking to the principal's office when he bumps into her. Physically bumps into her. "Shit!"

"Watch your language!" She says looking at her pen which had fallen on the floor. "And watch where you're going."

"I'm sor—" his throat shuts by the view of her bending over to pick up her pen. If he didn't know any better he'd say she did it on purpose. But he does know better. He knows she doesn't like him. "— sorry." He clears his throat.

"Yeah it's cool." Beth continues walking and he stops her. "I'm not interested."

"No I know." He looks into her eyes and is captivated by their fire. Despite them being an icy blue. "I know. I just wanted to let you know that my son would like a play date."

"What?" She crosses her arms and they push her cleavage higher.

He swallows and focuses on her eyes. "Um my son, Marcus, made good friends with your daughter. Jane right? Yeah he would like to know if we could schedule a play date?"

"Oh Marcus is your son?" She smiles. "Given the plethora of adventures Jane has talked to me about, he seems like a sweet boy."

"Yes very sweet. Like his dad." He regrets the words as they're coming out of his mouth. He catches a hint of a smile on her face.

"Am I supposed to believe that a child asked for a play date?" She raises a questioning eyebrow at him.

"Yes, well I would like it if you stayed too." He smiles mischievous having been caught with ulterior motives. "That way we can get more acquainted." He gestures between her and himself.

"Now that, I believe." She pushes her hair behind her ear and takes a second to think. "I know Jane would be delighted to spend a day with Marcus." She nods and then says, "I accept." Then, she turns around and starts walking. His eyes follow the sway of her hips. "See you later Mr. Just Rio." She gives him a little smile turning her head just a little.

He knows that this woman will be the end of him. It scares him how fast he's learned to love the little things she does. The way she ties her hair up with a pencil. The way she squints her eyes to read something without her glasses. The way she laughs when his sister says something silly.

"Close your mouth, you're drooling all over the floor." Carla says suddenly popping up out of nowhere.

"I have summoned you." He jokes since she showed up just as he was thinking about her stupid ass. "So, Lucifer. It turns out your friend's daughter is best friends with Marcus." He beams.