A Second Visit

I was slapped (resistance was futile), trapped and trussed up appropriately for being a random, unknown, resisting creature. Taiyo then dragged me to the storeroom and left me there much like a sack of potatoes. These people were unaware of the human rights declaration on the treatment of prisoners.

A couple of minutes passed, and Taiyo entered the room looking pretty grim. He looked at me with murder in his eyes. In my defence, I had no idea what was going on at that time, so any extra work was completely his fault. The lack of trust they had in me was astounding. He picked up a book on my desk-that is if I was still employed- and began walking out.

"MMMMMPH!" the only sounds that were coming out of my mouth as I began wriggling frantically on the floor. I knew I looked like a distressed earthworm but that was precisely how I felt. He was leaving, and I was getting desperate. Perhaps it was time to do something reckless as I began dragging myself towards an unstable pile of boxes.

"If I hit that, they'll be angry, but I'll be free or dead. But it's better than staying in here alone." I thought.

The room felt like it was getting smaller and smaller every minute. And every second felt like a minute. My panic was growing by leaps and bounds.

I made contact.

"KRATTEBAUHYUSDGHJKUYGCVFB!!!!!!!SDHJH!"

The noise was absolutely glorious. A couple of pans and spoons were in a box, cups and plates splattered and the box that fell on me was sponges. We thank God.

A couple of swift steps and thuds could be heard from the corridor before the door was slammed open. A pair of well-polished leather shoes came into my view before being hauled up and unceremoniously thrown on top of the desk.

"You. Just. can't. shut. Up." Steve asked

"Mpph"

"Look, I need to deal with you," he sighed gesturing vaguely around "and this is the best way to do it. You can't escape because I won't let you escape."

"Mpph mmph" I was wiggling frantically and dead sure I was spitting venom from my eyes.

He sighed and shook me rapidly making my head snap back and forth. "Give me a few minutes, then we'll talk," he said before leaving me on the desk sprawled out and dizzy. Not particularly healthy.

I don't know exactly how long I lay on that desk in my disoriented state, but I was ready to sheath my claws and do whatever they wanted. I just wanted to go home. If this was work, it certainly wasn't worth the mistreatment. The window still showed that it was bright out thank goodness. Taiyo came in and sat me up rubbing my shoulders like we were friends.

"Stop resisting, we won't do anything to you. At least not here, he quickly sat me down on my borrowed chair and tied my hands in front of me. He also undid the ropes around my whole body except my legs and mouth.

He left me alone and started walking around the room, taking inventory. "You know, you're lucky there are no breakables in here, you'd pay for them." He looked at me forthright. "All you'll have to do is wash most of these and they are good as new."

"Or I could do it for you," he said and snapped his fingers

The movement was imperceptible. A slight jerk of a sponge to the left before settling back in its position. A cockroach, I supposed, trying to make its way downtown.

Another snap.

Spoons began rapidly congregating themselves and piling into a box. Sponges were wiggling frantically, as much as they could when they were dry and moving into their designated carton. So were the pans, and knives and other cooking implements. It was a page right out of beauty and the beast and not the animation. It was glorious. Puffs off cotton were flying next to the ceiling, waiting to pad the implements and a washy rug was quickly wiping down the chairs. Then boxes upon boxes began moving out of the corner, sliding gracefully almost as if there was no friction between them and the floor to the corners of the room. The boxes on the floor began stacking themselves one by one and moving to the corner. The rug finished wiping the chairs and wiped the windows swiftly.